Attire & Accessories Forum

Marine Wedding in July

OK. I need some major help. i am at a complete loss. my fiancce is in the USMC and is wearing his dress blues only for the ceremony. My problem is i am stuck on this idea of having colors that will look nice with his uniform, even  though this will only be an issue during the ceremony. I do not like dark red or dark blue for a summer wedding and thought abut doing gold because of the gold buttons on his uniform. My fiance is not big on gold though. Anyway any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated greatly!

Re: Marine Wedding in July

• You don't need to have colors that match his uniform especially since it will only be for ceremony. If you don't like gold, red or blue, go with colors you do like, pastels or summery bright, it's your call
  • fuschia looks great with navy. 
    see below:

• I agree on the fushia. My friend got married last Sept and there colors were blue (bc her H had just gotten out of the Marines), and a dark plum color. They also had hints of silver thrown in with it.
  • My brothers are in the WP and are wearing their dress blues so I picked Navy blue and fushia as my colors and I love the way they look. All the guys are wearing navy blue suits as well. My wedding is in May and I think it will look good for spring or summer.
  • what about light blue? or touquoise, anything in the blue family would work, a brighter red mixed with pale blue is always really pretty, but honestly you don't have to match him the uniform is pretty nuetral

• white, yellow and silver would look fantastic :o)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards