California-Bay Area
Options

Wedding Flowers

Hi,

I just got a quote for my flowers and I'm not sure if it's a good price or it's on the expensive side. The florist is offering a big discount on the flowers if we go with them by the beginning of comming weekend (which give us no time to shop around). The quote is $3,000 which includes the following:

Ceremony decoration.
Centerpieces (10)
Bride and 1 MOH bouquets
8 Boutonnieres and Corsages
Sign in table and cocktails table(3) decor.

The flower and decor quality is excellent, and we like their style very much. Do you think the price is reasonable?

Re: Wedding Flowers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i think it really depends on the type of flowers you are including.  to me $3k is INSANE to spend on flowers.  but i'm DIYing and i'm only using in-season flowers.  are you using expensive flowers?  like roses, orchids, calla lilies, etc??  are you using flowers that need to be shipped in b/c they are out of season??  also, it depends on how many flowers you're using for your CP's, bouquets, etc.  like how big are your CP's??  ya know??  its hard to compare w/o knowing ALL the details.
  • Options
    cutexkittycutexkitty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think $3k is a lot too; however we look at other vendors and didn't really like their style. I like this one (but more on the fence); FI really like this one and not others so we went a head with 40% deposit today.

What's we're getting:
    1 Bridal Bouquet (black magic rose)
    1 MOH Bouquet (rose and some others)
    4 Boutonniere
    4 Corsages
    8 centerpieces (carnations)
    2 flowers arrangement for ceremony
    1 arrangement for sign in table
    3 small flowers for cocktail tables.

We just recently moved to the Bay Area and don't really know many vendors except referral (from venues) and Yelp. I was comparing what I'm getting versus my coworker (from southern CA) and she got a lot more for similar amount of money; but after we check the florist website it wasn't our style.
  • Options
    slubkinslubkin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that's a bit pricey but if you've already made the deposit, you might as well go with them if you like them.
    "Plus who needs a purse when you have a wedding dress? Those things are like walking hobo bags just waiting to be stuffed with surprise treasures." -Wedinator.com image
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bay Area flowers are very expensive.  My mother oversaw my flowers, including purchasing most of them wholesale and/or importing them directly from Thailand, but the person who helped with all the labor also does flowers independently.  She works from home, so you don't have to pay to keep her storefront rent up to date.

http://www.isabellsgarden.com/home
  • Options
    cutexkittycutexkitty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the link, but we're going with the florist mentioned above since fiancee doesn't like other florists. I get to pick out all of the vendors I like, and then I let him have the final pick (I reserved the right to veto), so that we both end up with what we like.
  • Options
    leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    $3k is waaaay too much for me, and I might end up going the DIY route.

I'm glad you're happy with what you picked.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards