Military Brides

NWR, but I need to vent...

Ok, I'm going to start off saying that I know I "signed up" for all this crap when I first got involved with my FI... but right now, I'm seriously annoyed. My family has been planning a trip to Disney World for almost 2 years now, and when I say family, I mean aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. (20-something people so far). FI told me in January that he should be able to go with us, which made me ridiculously happy. He's only met my extended family like once, and I was so excited to have him actually be able to get to know the people I love so much.

Then guess what happens... ONE DAY before our final payment is due, he gets informed that because the half of their squadron that is currently deployed is supposed to be coming in around the time of our trip, the rest of them aren't allowed to take leave during that period. Ok, fine, whatever. I don't like it, but I remember what it feels like to be the ones waiting on your loved ones to come home so I can let it go. But tonight, I just found out (not even a week after hearing that he couldn't go on the trip) that his squadron wants to send him to Fleet Week.

How the HECK do they justify not letting him take leave during that time because "they need everyone who won't be on post-deployment leave there to work" but they can let him go to NY during the same time frame? Ugh. Sometimes I seriously think the Marine Corps hates me... any time I actually plan something with FI, they do something to ruin it (working weekends, not granting leave, etc.). It's just frustrating.

Re: NWR, but I need to vent...

• Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep, it sucks.  I think sometimes they like to just give us reminders that they control our lives!  We just found out that H's ship's schedule changed, and we can now no longer go home for his brother's wedding since he'll be out.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel the same way sometimes. There's been many times where things change last minute with my H and it sucks!
  • krysmama2krysmama2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry:(  I agree, every time something important or exciting comes up the military decides they have something they need our significant others to do.  At least he is important and needed right? Lol, that was sarcasm.  
  • ESquared423ESquared423 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yuck, sorry girl! Even though we all know to an extent what we're "signing up" for like you said, it still just plain SUCKS sometimes!
    PersonalMilestone Anniversary
  • AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Sorry! I know how you feel, my fiance has had his job changed several times this week, first he is working nights, then he is working days, then he is shipping out in a few months, then he is back to working days....Honestly I don't know who to believe anymore. 

That being said, the number one thing you have to do is be positive...you never know when orders might get changed in your favor. 
    Photobucket
  • melbelle24melbelle24 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls. I just needed a moment to whine, and it's nice to hear from people who actually understand what I'm talking about.

DNB - I'm sorry you and your H have to miss the wedding!
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry that happened, but I can assure you that the Marine Corps doesn't hate you!!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards