DC
Options

Dress Tailor?

Hi DC Brides! I am looking for a good/not super expensive tailor to alter and press my wedding dress. We are getting married in the Outer Banks, NC on the beach but we live in DC. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Dress Tailor?

• Options
    lilcancer0716lilcancer0716 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, if you want a very good tailor/seamstress, try Kimly's Dressmaking and Alteratons Services, however she is located in NOVA (woodbridge, va)
    and that might be a little far than what you want to travel to.  But she is the best, honest, expert alterations and pressings, and affordable.  Her telephone is 703-680-7442.

Happy New Year and Best wishes on your wedding day!!
  • Options
    kat016kat016 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Angie Cavallaro who does great work at very reasonable prices. She's the nicest lady and has been my most favorite vendor to work with so far. Her number is 703-830-0634.
  • Options
    carolljorgecarolljorge member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go to Luis Tayloring in Old Town Alexandria.  They're not expensive and their work is very good.  The address is below.

1026 King Street
    Alexandria, VA 22314
    (703) 549-0268
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had Cheryl Lofton *make* a dress just a few months ago for my Fiance's brother's wedding.  She's at 7th & T, NW.  

I cannot recommend her enough.  She is reliable, reasonably priced, has a great sense of color and style.  I loved that it's a family business - she took over from her father in the same shop!  All in a Cheryl has a wonderful demeanor too, as does her assistant.  She even told me a great place to get the material that was much cheaper than G Street Fabrics!  

She's even metro accessible - one block from Shaw-Howard University.

This could not have been a better experience.

Here's a link to her website.

Good luck
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies! Gave me lots of options!!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards