DC

anyone buy dress at Macy's?

Has anyone bought their wedding dress at Macy's Bridal Salon?  Did you have Macy's do the alterations or did you take somewhere else?  

Re: anyone buy dress at Macy's?

• mmhrdlickammhrdlicka member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm considering going to Macy's too since there is a Demetrios dress I want to try on but have reas mixed reviews about Macy's.  I'm thinking about going Labor Day weekend.

Would love to hear about other's experiences.

Thanks,
    Melanie
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at Macy's. I heard mixed reviews about it too but the trick was to go during the week and during the day if possible. I had no problem with any of the ladies or customer service but when I did try to go on a Saturday it was a different experience. I ordered my dress much earlier than needed to but it was made and came to the store within 3 months instead of the 5 or 6 they told me.

I ended up getting my alterations done there because I didn't need much tucking and pulling plus I was just paranoid about taking it out of store. That was fine to, no problems with that but it was super expensive! I def paid for the convience. If I had to do it again I'd probably take it somewhere else because of the price.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for responding!  I had a co-worker that actually highly recommended the Bridal Salon in the Tysons Mall.  I went and found the most perfect dress!  Not sure if I will end up getting the alterations there but am very happy with the dress selection and the service I received while there.
  • omalleym04omalleym04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just ordered my dress from the Macy's Bridal Salon in Tysons Mall. I was not planning on buying anything that day - I just really wanted to get used to the trying on dresses. I was extremely impressed with my consultant. She really listened to what I thought I wanted and pulled those types of dresses. She also pulled dresses that she thought would work well on me. I did not like any of the dresses that I thought I wanted and liked all of the ones she suggested for me and I feel in love with one and ordered that day. I am not sure about the alterations yet since I just ordered a couple weeks ago, but so far it has been a very positive experience.
    June 2011 Siggy: Honeymoon - 2 weeks in Tahiti (3 islands including 5 days in Bora Bora :-)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards