Indiana

Rustic Wedding Venue Help!!!

We are looking to get married in the summer of 2013 and want a rustic ceremony and reception in Northwest Indiana.

A barn wedding is our dream, however, the only one that I know of around here is the barn at County Line Orchard, which is pretty pricey for us ($2,000) and you have to use their caterer (lowest option is $44/person..).

Any ideas for a rustic venue?! I would love anything that would have any sort of ceiling beams or anything that would just allow me to hang lanterns and twinkling lights from the ceiling. Thanks :)

Re: Rustic Wedding Venue Help!!!

• hakeefer1hakeefer1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are a lot of barns for use in Lafayette.  It depends on how far that is from you and if you're willing to travel.  If it's not too far I can share some locations.
  • nboothe86nboothe86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Red Barn Experince in Laporte, Indiana.  Here's the link to check it out.

http://www.redbarnexperience.com/
  • edited December 2011
    I think Lafayette may be a bit too far (it's about an hour and a half, I'd like to keep it under an hour).. however if we find something we love, then that might be okay, any information would be very helpful, thank you!
  • hakeefer1hakeefer1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wea creek orchards
    exploration acres
    Both are in Lafayette.
  • I'm not sure how far east you are willing to go, but we are having our reception in a restuarnt barn in Nappanee, In. The location is Amish Acres Historical Farms. We have been really pleased with everything so far and it is an old barn turned into a restuarant. It's gorgeous.

http://www.amishacres.com/DW_WEBSITE/wedding_reception/wedding_reception.php

PS- The food is so good and not very expensive!
    Future - Mrs. Revere
  • I dont know Indiana cities very well but I'm from Noblesville. The venue that I have found is near Tipton/ Kokomo area. It's Spurgeons barn on Kelley Farm. It's only $1,000 for the day. They have some tables and chairs there already. Plus they have lights hanging in the lower level of the barn already. Just an idea if its close enough to you. I have the number to the farm if you would like it.  : )  Good luck
  • amandashumway23 do you have any contact information on the kelley farm in Kokomo
  • In Response to <a href="http://fort-wayne.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_indiana_rustic-wedding-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:97Discussion:e207e628-4fbe-42d6-ba17-a143aa9107f0Post:2c177ea1-df6d-4c24-acac-2fc866a839bd">Re: Rustic Wedding Venue Help!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I dont know Indiana cities very well but I'm from Noblesville. The venue that I have found is near Tipton/ Kokomo area. It's Spurgeons barn on Kelley Farm. It's only $1,000 for the day. They have some tables and chairs there already. Plus they have lights hanging in the lower level of the barn already. Just an idea if its close enough to you. I have the number to the farm if you would like it.  : )  Good luck
    Posted by amandashumway23[/QUOTE]

I know this has been a long time since it has been posted but if you still have the number to this Spurgeons barn on kelley farm could you please get it to me?! I can not find it online anywhere! my email is <a href="mailto:gabbyn327@hotmail.com" rel="nofollow">gabbyn327@hotmail.com</a> thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards