July 2012 Weddings
Options

Do you like breakfast food...for dinner?

So - FI and I have one major disagreement between us (other than abuela ;-)) and that is...breakfast food for dinner yay or nay?

I give a big old no. Unless that egg is baked into something or that bacon is on a sandwich - no. I do not want a plate of pancakes, bacon, and eggs for breakfast.

He, on the other hand, feels like eggs (scrambled, sunny side-up, whatever) are a staple for like every dinner. -_- And actually likes breakfast food for dinner.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Do you like breakfast food...for dinner?

• Options
    edited March 2012
    YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

FI only like it sometimes. Which is really like once a year. I would eat breakfast for dinner 3-4 times a week if I could. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I voted yes....but not scrambled eggs and bacon, bleh...that's breakfast.  I have no problem though making FI some pancakes if he wants some for dinner. 
    weddingcake-1
  • Options
    I give it a thumbs down only because I don't eat savory breakfast foods (eggs, bacon sausage). I just eat the pancakes and fruit and sweet stuff. Come dinnertime, I crave savory foods and not sweet. Plus, pancakes don't keep me full for the rest of the night.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_do-you-like-breakfast-foodfor-dinner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:e633aedb-820a-4c72-bc08-c4290d882011Post:d24230a6-5f61-454a-aa00-c082200028cd">Re: Do you like breakfast food...for dinner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES FI only like it sometimes. Which is really like once a year. I would eat breakfast for dinner 3-4 times a week if I could. 
    Posted by MeaganR12[/QUOTE]

Ahh! I think I would die 3-4 times per week. :p
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We have made eggs before for dinner.  I put a ton of veggies in them and we have toast or an english muffin it's healthy, good and quick.  I will also make turkey bacon, egg and cheese burrito in a whole wheat tortillas with chalulua sauce :)

We only do this a couple of times a year though.  When we are in a time crunch or don't feel like food shopping.
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I love making fritattas for dinner! So easy, quick and a great way to use up leftover veggies :) FI isn't the biggest fan of them for dinner. He claims he loves breakfast for dinner, but that just means he wants to go to IHOP and not eat my fritatta lol. 

I'm not the biggest fan of pancakes, sausage, etc. either. I really just like poached eggs and omelettes. 
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    FI and I both loooooooove breakfast food.  I would eat breakfast for every meal if I could.  I would also love to kiss the individual who invented chicken and waffles.

FI also loves sandwiches and could live on them for every meal for the rest of his life.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    FI and I eat breakfast for dinner every Thursday!  FI works late on thursdays so its something yummy that is easy to make.  I change it up every week, eggs, french toast, breakfast sandwich, pancacks but FI eats Pancacks every week and loves it!

• Options
    We love breakfast for dinner. We usually make breakfast burritos so it is really filling and satisfying.  It is quick and easy too so if we don't feel like cooking something major it is a better alternative to going out to eat or ordering in.
  • Options

mmmmmm bacon with Belgium waffle with strawberries and whipped cream! oh YUM!

Guess I should hit the gym! lol.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    hmmmm.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE breakfast food, and brunching is one of my favorite weekend activities, whether or not we cook it or go out, but I very rarely ever crave breakfast food at dinner.

Lunch on the weekends is a different story - we will regularly whip up omelettes or pancakes post-workout at 1 or 2pm on the weekends. but once it gets to dinner, none of this stuff usually sounds good to me.

now bacon is a whole other story....fiance and I would eat bacon (whether or not it is plain or on something or in something) any time of day :)
  • Options
    I haven't had it in years. Not that i have anything against it, i love breakfast food. Maybe im just too lazy to get into making all that for dinner. Plus now that i live here, dinner is a really light meal. Not to mention FI only eats bread and coffee for breakfast...and "dinner". His whole family does..and apparently most other people in this city. Drives me nuts. So i guess FI wouldn't really be into my breakfast meal no matter what time of the day it is hahaha. But like i said, breakfast foods are one of my favorites. If you sat a breakfast plate in front of me at dinnertime, I'd eat it!!
  • Options
    Ok now I'm hungry. But seriously, I love breakfast for dinner! Pancakes, French Toast, bacon, sausage, covered in syrup. Yum. I especially love adding raspberries to my pancakes. Hmmm, maybe we'll do this sometime this weekend.

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_do-you-like-breakfast-foodfor-dinner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:e633aedb-820a-4c72-bc08-c4290d882011Post:5953802d-994b-420b-9bda-70c75478ab37">Re: Do you like breakfast food...for dinner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't had it in years. Not that i have anything against it, i love breakfast food. Maybe im just too lazy to get into making all that for dinner. Plus now that i live here, dinner is a really light meal. Not to mention <strong>FI only eats bread and coffee for breakfast...and "dinner". His whole family does..and apparently most other people in this city.</strong> Drives me nuts. So i guess FI wouldn't really be into my breakfast meal no matter what time of the day it is hahaha. But like i said, breakfast foods are one of my favorites. If you sat a breakfast plate in front of me at dinnertime, I'd eat it!!
    Posted by Nati05[/QUOTE]<div>
    WHAT?!</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm sure that's healthier than the monster sized dinners we have in the states though. My FI has the worst habit of eating nothing for breakfast, hardly anything for lunch, and then like 1200 calories for dinner. I'm probably exaggerating a little, but you know what I mean.</div>
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_do-you-like-breakfast-foodfor-dinner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:e633aedb-820a-4c72-bc08-c4290d882011Post:51edb2d6-7e55-489c-aad0-d7abec36b43b">Re: Do you like breakfast food...for dinner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you like breakfast food...for dinner? : WHAT?! I'm sure that's healthier than the monster sized dinners we have in the states though. My FI has the worst habit of eating nothing for breakfast, hardly anything for lunch, and then like 1200 calories for dinner. I'm probably exaggerating a little, but you know what I mean.

My dad was like that. i don't know how the man made it through his day. He works as a lab tech in an non air conditioned environment...how he didn't pass out everyday..I don't know..

Then he had a heart attack (not because of his diet - it's in our genes - his dad died at 42 after his 2nd heart attack) and decided to change up his nutrition. He packs a lunch now and I tease him. :p
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    OMG YES!!!!!! Denny's &I ihop...oh baby!!! Haha but I don't like eggs for dinner unless its chirzo & eggs!!! Anything else is amazing!
  • Options
    Oh YES I do!! FI, not so much. I was trying to decide what to eat and I read this post. MMMM! Maybe we'll have waffles! Or pancakes!
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Scrambled eggs...smothered in hot sauce...I'm terrbile. :D I could live off of that!
  • Options
    singing_lynsinging_lyn member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    After reading this post I came home and made eggs and bacon for dinner. LOL. I love breakfast for dinner. :) FI likes it too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Untitled
    image 218 Invited image 130 Are ready to party!! image 79 Are missing out. :(image 10 Are making me wait. :(
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_do-you-like-breakfast-foodfor-dinner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:e633aedb-820a-4c72-bc08-c4290d882011Post:51edb2d6-7e55-489c-aad0-d7abec36b43b">Re: Do you like breakfast food...for dinner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you like breakfast food...for dinner? : WHAT?! I'm sure that's healthier than the monster sized dinners we have in the states though. My FI has the worst habit of eating nothing for breakfast, hardly anything for lunch, and then like 1200 calories for dinner. I'm probably exaggerating a little, but you know what I mean.

Hahaha let's just say i was starving the first two weeks I ever came here. No one understood why i needed a full meal around 7:00 and I couldn't understand why I couldn't manage to get more than a sandwich when "dinner" was served haha. I would never make it through the day eating like your FI though! A girls gotta eat!! :)
  • Options
    We do breakfast for dinner once or twice a month.  I dont mind it and my girls LOVE it!  We normally have pancakes or waffles, eggs and bacon.  :)  Yum!
    :)AJ Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I voted indifferent. I like sausage and bacon and pancakes, but usually not for breakfast.  I know it sounds a little weird, but I will eat them for dinner even if I will be hungry a couple hours later.  I am usually hungry a couple hours after dinner anyways.
    Cate Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I love brunch and breakfast foods! I loved breakfast night when I was kid and will probably need to start that tradition again.  Maybe once I actually come home for dinner as opposed to bringing homemade frozen meals to work.

Anniversary
  • Options
    So thanks to this thread I made FI take me out to brunch this morning. It just made think about how long it had been since I had good breakfast foods. So yum!

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Love it!! We don't have it very often, though. And usually when we do, it's like a breakfast casserole or waffles or something. I eat breakfast for breakfast and lunch though lol so I usually don't want it for dinner. I typically eat cereal and a yogurt for lunch (and a granola bar or bagel or something for breakfast). I usually try to steer away from carbs for dinner after eating like that lol
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    I could eat breakfast food for every/any meal.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards