Military Brides

Luke&Sam625 is Baackk!!!

I got a new sn when I registered on The Nest (didn't know you could keep the old one)

I'm not sure if its a tradition on the board or not, but it probably should be... Sharing Wedding Details & Dramas!! So here we go!!

My Wedding Day..
It started out easy and well enough, but I started getting nervous around noon because one of my BM's hadn't shown up yet. Then the hotel came and said that I could move to the Bridal room, but that the hotel was full so the room they had told us we could use for the boys to get ready in, we would have to get out of in like 20 minutes. FI's brother let the boys get ready in his room. So then, we go to our wedding rehersal. and I still have a MIA bridesmaid. I ask my dad to call her, and he doesn't get an answer.  So after being surrounded all day by people, I go up to my room to take a bath and dry my hair before the girls come to get ready. So I'm getting ready and whatever and I totally loose track of time until its time for pictures and I realize that I'm still short a bridesmaid. If you've been on the board you know that I had drama with a bridesmaid wanting to bring her boyfriend after she had said it would just be her. Same girl that was MIA on my wedding day. So one of the GM brought his girlfriend with him, she was in a black dress and red shoes, I said I know we only met 2 days ago, but you're dressed just right, so... Will you stand in a be a bridesmaid, I promise you can have 2 pieces of cake and I'll even feed you dinner.  She laughed and said of course and hugged me, and come to find out this was the 3rd time that had happened to her!! So after all the everything went fantastically. I said I do to the love of my life, we had a fabulous evening with our friends and families. and left for our honeymoon on Monday Morning. Everyone said I would be a Bridezilla, but I totally wasn't. Everything was so wonderful and beautiful and aside from the MIA BM, it was the perfect day. We had an amazing few weeks together. Now, sadly Hubby had to go back overseas and we will spend the first year of our marriage apart.

Anyway, sorry for the novel, I just wanted to share my Wedding Day Drama. Glad to be back on the board!! I know I'll be relying heavily on this board in the next year. Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season!!
Photobucket

Re: Luke&Sam625 is Baackk!!!

• Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  I am definitely going to be thrown off by the new SN for a bit though.  That sucks that your BM never showed.  Have you talked to her since then?

I understand the suckiness of spending your first year apart too.  We had about 3 months before he left, then he will be back in the spring, and leave in the winter again.  I said by the time we get to our 2 year anniversary we will have only spent about a year together married.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah. I was a friggin mess at the airport this morning. I could not stop crying. I cried the whole drive back to base as well. I came home and talked to him on his layover in LA, I cried myself to sleep for a few hours, and now I'm awake at least for now, and slowly but surely making my way through a carton of eggnog and a box of chocolates.  I knew that I would feel different after we were married, but I was not expecting all of this. He left on valentines day last february and there is a possibily that he won't come home again until feb of next year when we PCS. I wish that I liked my job more so it would be more of a distraction, instead it is just another constant reminder of why I can't be with my husband.  I'm going to try to just give myself the weekend to wallow and be sad, and hopefully I'll be okay again Monday. Hubby completes me.. He makes me feel like a whole person and and without him, I go back to feeling slightly empty and less whole and just miserable all over again. Wow.. sorry to unload on you..

Oh! and yeah. BM called me today to ask for a ride home from the airport. I had just gotten back to base and was not about ot turn around and drive back to the airport for someone who didn't even have the decency to just be up front and tell me she wasn't going to come to my wedding. Whatever. I'm over it.
    Photobucket
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    edited December 2011
    Wow I can't believe she called you for a ride after not even coming to the wedding.  That's crazy.  Glad you didn't go get her!

When H left for his deployment I allowed myself one weekend to wallow in self pity and eat my feelings.  He left on a Friday and I had until Sunday night.  Haha I had to walk through the airport in tears, to the car, and then got stuck in rush hour.  I yelled at myself and said suck it up you have to drive (haha people probably were looking at me funny driving next to me).  When I got home it really wasn't bad, but as soon as someone would call me asking if I was okay or how it went, I would start crying again.  But by the end of my weekend I was fine.

I got upset again recently when I found out the rough timeline for this coming year.  It's not pretty, and I started crying.  But then I realized that no matter how upset I am, no matter how much I complained about it or cried about it, they weren't going to change his schedule just to give me my H for Christmas next year or any of that time.  And being upset and pitiful is only going to make my life harder on me.  So whenever I start to get upset about it, I tell myself there is no use getting upset over things I can't change.  I focus on the fact that after this hellish year or so, we will get about 5 years with no deployments.  You can focus on the fact that after this shitty year is over you'll finally get to live with your H!  

And also, many marriages don't even make it to the first year before they hate eachother and are filing for divorce.  We kinda have no choice but to make it through that first year!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Stan!
    Beach, I'm trying to do that. I'm trying to just give myself the rest of today and then tomorrow morning I will wake up and be fine.  That is the plan at least. I'll let you know how that works out haha..
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! I'm glad you guys had a good time despite the drama. Good luck adjusting to the separation again, I know it can be so hard the first couple weeks.
  • calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  But uh... where's my freaking email update??!?!

So happy for you!!!!  Cannot WAIT to see pictures!  Hang in there with the separation - I know it's tough, but you've got to make the best of it.  You know the drill - give yourself a goal before you see him again.  Hey, come to Orlando the end of February and run the Disney Princess Half Marathon with me!  Sooooo not even kidding!

Wish I could have been there in a black dress Cool

Anniversary

• kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Glad everything went well despite the MIA bridesmaid. And hang in there! FI has been stationed overseas now for a couple of years so I know how it's like. 
  • edited December 2011

WTF who doesn't show up to a wedding when they are IN it? I mean hrs late its kinda forgivable but not showing up at all. Yikes! Looks like you took it well.

Beach nailed it on the head! Working out and forcing those happy endorphins always helps me :) I got mad at my FI the other day and ran my little heart out on the treadmill, by the time I was done I was no longer as mad. Merely annoyed.

• Victoria2013Victoria2013 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!!  Sorry to hear your BM was a no show, but at least everything else turned out great!

A little advice I received from my momma (AF spouse for 24 years now)...only allow yourself a weekend to full on cry.  And then try to distract yourself.  Obviously you will still have your good days and bad days, but I tried it for our first deployment and its helped so far.  Good luck and I hope the time flies by and he is back with you sooner rather than later!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards