Massachusetts-Boston

Barn Wedding

Hi all,
 I'm sure lots of people post these, so I apologize in advance, but does anybody know of affordable “barn” wedding venues?  My finace and I are love with the Red Lion Inn in Cohasset, but after we ran the numbers, we'd prefer to have a less expensive venue.  We're looking for a venue that will cost around 12,000 (including food, alcohol, renting the room, etc.).  We're planning on getting married in April 2012, so we definitely need an in door venue.  We love the look of the Red Lion's barn interior.  Does anyone have any alternative suggestions?  Thanks!Pam  

Re: Barn Wedding

• edited December 2011
    It's a distance but try Alyson Farm in NH.  What a beautiful place for a spring wedding with all of the cherry blossoms.  My sister got married there last sping and her photos are specatular.  They have this one tree with a swing that just made for aweome pictures.  And the food was great too.
  • kejaniak13kejaniak13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brooksby Farm in Peabody is beautiful too !!
  • edited December 2011
    Have you tried Brooksby Farms yet?
    4/29/12
  • edited December 2011
    Gibbet Hill Grill in Groton MA has a barn that is beautiful.  I don't know what the prices are, though.

There's also The Harrington Farm in Princeton, MA.
  • edited December 2011
    Groton's Gibbett Hill Barn is a bit pricier I think, but Brooksby Farm is more reasonable and just as pretty. Our photographer shared a copy of The Knot magazine thats out right now and one of her Brooksby Farm weddings was featured. It looks like such a fun space because of the two different levels.
  • Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    the harrington farm is GORGEOUS, btu i dont think you'll get out of there for $12K.

lake pearl in wrentham isnt a barn, but i think they'll fit your pricing.
  • edited December 2011
    We got married at Harrington Farm. It's not a barn inside it has that look though with wood beam ceilings.  Meals averaged $77 pp without alcohol We paid about 108 pp with open bar. Harrington is very beautiful and the food is amazing! We got so many compliments!
    Gibbet is a little more barn like as it is a barn but an upscale one! <: I live in Groton and would have got married there but they were more expensive than Harrington.

Check out Zukas also. My friend got married at Bucksteep Manor which is decently affordable.
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I know it is a lot further...but The Red Barn at Outlook Farm in Berwick ME is gorgeous and I think it is reasonably priced as well!
  • edited December 2011

Thanks everyone!  We really appreciate the help.  We'll call Brooksby Farm this week and my MOH says she's actually been to a wedding at Harrington Farm, so we'll look into that too.

:)

• edited December 2011
    the wedding I went to at Brooksby Farm was so nice. the ceremony was across the street behind a historic home in an area I believe was called Woodfield gardens. the reception was back at the barn. from what I remember. there were rolling hills, apple orchards, a gazebo, a vintage tractor, and the barn itself was red with these great big doors that opened up during dinner to let in a breeze. it seemed like something out of a fairytale because the weather was perfect. the food was perfect for a barn wedding as it was New American with a rustic sort of flair. we've been to a lot of weddings over the last few years and this was one that stood out for being most unique. hope this helps.
  • edited December 2011
    I was married at Blissful Meadows in Uxbridge MA.   It is a golf club but the reception space is a converted barn that is on the National Register of Historical Places.  It would fit into your budget as well.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Try Zuaks Hilltop Barn in Spencer too!
  • callibrittanycallibrittany member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Another inexpensive and barn option is The Red Apple Farm, In Phillipston MA. It is really cute.
  • edited December 2011
    I would also consider Overbrook House & Bourne Farms. Absolutely reach out to us at New England Country Rentals for any rental needs! www.NewEnglandCountryRentals.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards