Ohio-Columbus
Options

Registering

So. I'm thisclose to registering for all my shiz. Questions:

1. Those who have registered, did you do it online or in person/in-store?

2. Pros and Cons of registering online?

3. Pros and Cons of registering in person?

4. Great places that you think are great for registering in low price, mid price, and high price?

PleaseAndThankYou.
I iz not Bridezilla.imageI iz Veloceraptor!

FOR SALE!!.

Re: Registering

• Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Those who have registered, did you do it online or in person/in-store? We did our initial registration in person, then update online.

2. Pros and Cons of registering online? I like that you can easily delete or modify things and add things. As for cons, I feel like you don't want to do everything only online for the older crowd that may not be tech-saavy.

3. Pros and Cons of registering in person? I loved being able to compare and look at everything. Pick it up, feel it, etc. Cons....I tend to want to register for way more than we need!

4. Great places that you think are great for registering in low price, mid price, and high price? We registered at Target and Macys. We thought they had a large variety of price points.

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Those who have registered, did you do it online or in person/in-store? When we initally started, we physically went to the stores. There are items that you'll want to actually look at and handle (i.e. bedding, towlels, etc.) And then we added the rest of the stuff online.

2. Pros and Cons of registering online? pros; you don't have to go out and deal with pushy sales people and the crowds. cons; you don't get to handle the things you're registering for (see #1)

3. Pros and Cons of registering in person? pros; talking with a registry representative can be very helpful in that they can tell you things that you may not have thought of to register for; they also suggest things like quantity. cons; i honestly can't think of any!

4. Great places that you think are great for registering in low price, mid price, and high price? we registered at bed, bath & beyond and target to give our guests 2 different price points to work with. at target, they pretty much give you a scan gun and turn you loose. at BB&B, they have an actual registry section with a representative that specializes in gift registry. you sit there and she goes through everything with you, explaining and making suggestions. we went to the one in polaris and our rep was fantastic! she really knew her stuff and was a HUGE help!

Hope this helps and HAVE FUN!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

1. Those who have registered, did you do it online or in person/in-store? We registered in the store for BBB. I did my Macy's registry online.

2. Pros and Cons of registering online? It was just as easy as the store IMO, no people to bump into, no distractions, no pushy salespeople

3. Pros and Cons of registering in person?They advice can be helpful if they don't go too far or are not too pushy. Some stores have things in store they don't have online and vice versa, but you can always add things online as well.

4. Great places that you think are great for registering in low price, mid price, and high price? Love BBB and Macy's
  • Options
    Blinkingelf13Blinkingelf13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We have done both. I wanted to make sure that we had a good variety of both online and in store options for friends and family.

Cons- no welcome package, you can't see or feel things, and when you register for items a lot of times they are then only available online.

4. Great places that you think are great for registering in low price, mid price, and high price?
    Low - Target (I used the one at Easton in Columbus they have the biggest variety)
    Mid - BBB
    High - Crate and Barrell or Pottery Barn

:)
    Miss Calvin and Mr. Hobbes
  • Options
    AlliD11AlliD11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't registered yet either but plan on doing so at the beginning of the year. I think that it is good to initially go and register in person because you can get the feel for everything you want in person, then if you think of things you forgot maybe you can add them online! I plan on registering at Macy's and Target, I think that anymore may be just too much and those are pretty much the popular places around Columbus. I think BBB is way expensive for their quality and I'd much rather just do Macy's and Target. Good luck!! :)
  • Options
    BCsGalBCsGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We registered at Target & BBB in store, and Macy's online.  We added items online for Target & BBB later, as well.

We registered online for Macy's because we were just registering for Fiestaware, and it was nice and easy to set up online.  We did go check out the colors and sizes a few weeks before we registered, so we did see it in person, too.
    Pros: Can update/add from the comfort of your home, 24/7.
    Cons: Can't see/feel things in person.

Pros: Can compare items, compare colors (sometimes doesn't display properly on computer screens) and determine quality much better.
    Cons:  sometimes salespeople can be a little pushy (@BBB we had to go through looking at china even though we had no intention on registered for it)
    Registered in-store can also be pretty exhausting and overwhelming.  Online you can easily read reviews and compare potential products, a little less stressful.

I think all our places were easy to use.  I agree somewhat with pp that BBB is kinda overpriced, but it is very easy to aquire 20% coupons (BBB accepts them even if they are "expired" fyi), so that saves a lot.  There are a lot of less expensive items there.  BBB also gift wraps for free.  I had no problems returning/exchanging items.  (Note:  If a guest sends you something, if you ship it back to BBB (for free, they include shipping label) you get a refund check sent to you, if you take in to store, you just get store credit.)
    Target was nice because they just give ya a scan gun and let ya go.  They also have changed their return policy so that as long as the gift you received is listed on your registry you do not need a receipt to get store credit. 
    Macy's was easy to return as well.  One of my Fiestaware pieces had an imperfection, I went to return it, and it was a day of a big sale, so they let me return it and re-buy it because it was cheaper priced that day then when originally bought, so I ended up making money on the deal.
    Christina & Brandon - August 7, 2010 Anniversary
    My Planning Bio | My Married Bio | FOR SALE!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards