California-Bay Area
Options

Cake Recommendations - East Bay & Tri Valley Area

Hi - Does anyone have recommendations for great cakes in the East Bay or Tri Valley area? I'm getting married in Pleasanton, CA and want to know if anyone experienced great service or loved their wedding cake. Thanks so much for the recommendations!

Re: Cake Recommendations - East Bay & Tri Valley Area

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok so it's South Bay but I just have to rave about my baker!  It is A Piece of Cake Bakery in Santa Clara (on the border of Sunnyvale) and they taste amazing!  I don't know what delivery fees would be but I hear that they are also on the more affordable side compared to some other bakers.  We cleaned our plates at the cake tasting and I can't wait for our red velvet wedding cake!  Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going in for a tasting with Carolyn Wong in Oakland. She made the cake for a friends wedding in Half Moon Bay and it was delicious!! She also made a kick butt grooms cake. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    hh581842hh581842 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Icing On the Cake in Los Gatos.  I don't know if you've heard of them, but they're the "it" place to get cakes according to, well, everyone I meet or know.  Anytime anyone gets an Icing on the Cake cake, everyone goes, "oooo! Icing on the Cake?!?" and their eyes get all big with excitement lol.  

They've won some awards and stuff.http://www.icingonthecakebakery.com/weddings.htm

Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Primrose Bakery in Pleasanton for my wedding at Ruby Hill.  The cake is delish, but a bit on the expensive side.  We are paying $1200 for a 4 teir cake, with marzipan and grapes decorating it.  The people that work there are fantastic - and all the cake we tasted was so yummy!
  • Options
    pondering_galpondering_gal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are using Bev Tanaka, and she's so great to work with. The cake is very reasonably priced (2.50/slice), and her cakes are delicious! She doesn't do fondant, but she makes her own buttercreme. I don't think her cakes visually look the best, but they are certainly very nice.
    http://www.cakecreationsbybev.com/index.html

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Cakes Made By Me, the owner and baker is Marla Erojo.  She is very creative,friendly, the cakes taste awesome and the cost is very reasonable. Her business is located in North Oakland.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards