California-San Diego

First look photos?

Hi San Diego Brides,
  Just wondering who's doing first look photos before the ceremony; I can't decide if I want to or not.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: First look photos?

• We are not. We want to keep to tradition and not see each other that day until I'm walking down the aisle.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We are doing a first look. The length of the marriage will not be determined by whether or not he sees my wedding dress. Its a silly tradition in my opinion because there are no mystical powers in a wedding dress. Doing a first look takes a lot of stress off of the couple to get in all their shots together, with their families, etc and helps the day run smoother. This has been my experience as a wedding photographer for the last 6 years, and I cant wait to include it in my wedding in august. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't mind seeing my FI before the ceremony, but he really wants to stick to tradition, so we are not doing them. I think the "first look" will be more meaningful when I'm walking down the aisle to him anyway. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 123861123861 member
    First Comment
    We decided not to do the "First Look".He wants to first see me when I come down the aisle.
  • McRogolMcRogol member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-san-diego_first-look-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:64Discussion:809a3860-3b37-4156-b4fe-9b27045d1d6bPost:797b6cce-3366-4ff5-b9f4-68945021da5f">Re: First look photos?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are doing a first look. The length of the marriage will not be determined by whether or not he sees my wedding dress. Its a silly tradition in my opinion because there are no mystical powers in a wedding dress. Doing a first look takes a lot of stress off of the couple to get in all their shots together, with their families, etc and helps the day run smoother. This has been my experience as a wedding photographer for the last 6 years, and I cant wait to include it in my wedding in august. :)
    Posted by meeshapinkprincess[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more!  I'm also a weddin photog and find that when couples choose this option, there is a lot less pressure to get it in all inbetween the ceremony and reception.  The couples who choose this option usually want to enjoy some of their cocktail hour too.  We'll be doing a first look before our ceremony.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We did a first look. My husband cried then. And he cried again during our ceremony. Both moments were very special to us. It allowed us to join our guests immediately after the ceremony plus we had more time to get a variety of photos because we weren't stuck with just one hour during cocktail hour. I would do it again!
  • This is such a personal decision, what decided it for me was that we came up with a really cute first look idea. We were staying at Hotel Se (Now Hotel Palomar) and we decided to use the elevators. I positioned myself in front of the elevator on our floor, and when I was ready, our bridal party signaled him to come up. Our photographer caught the great first look expressions as the elevator doors opened.. It was really a special moment, and even a bit of humor as he almost forgot to step out of the elevator teehee!!

Here is a few pics of it - maybe it will inspire you! I was really happy with our decision and didnt' regret. He still cried in the ceremony.

Here is the doors as they just opened!

And proof he still cried in the ceremony... I had to wipe his tears away :)

• Those bring a tear to my eye too! You can see the emotion - I love it. My FI will see me the first time at the church; we both want it that way.
  • I wanted to do the first look, get a lot of the pictures out of the way and not have the pressure of being seen by everyone I know while trying to make a connection with my groom. It is a good way to kind of clear the butterflies and remember why you are there! However, he refuses. So I would talk to your FI and ask him what he thinks.
  • I will be seeing him first. It wil just be a private moment for the two of us and I think it will take a lot of the jitters away for both of us. I want to be able to speak to him when I first see him and that won't be able to happen at the altar. Also, since 90% of our guest are from out of town we want to be able to spend good time with each of them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards