Flowers
Options

Ordering wholesale flowers offline??

I just recently got engaged and I'm starting to think about flowers. I have done a little research and it seems like I could have many, many more flowers for a much cheaper price if I order from somewhere like amazoniaflowers.com. Has anyone done this before? How did the flowers look upon arrival and did they arrive on time? 

Re: Ordering wholesale flowers offline??

• Options
    soozy87soozy87 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ordered mine online, but from Sam's Club. I have no complaints and I feel I got a lot of flowers for the price. It does take work, skill and time to make the flowers turn out, but you can do it!
    ~May 21,2011~
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I made the following entry below in response to someone else's question:

I ordered the 20 piece white rose wedding package from Costco for $399.00. They allow you to change your order if you need fewer centerpieces and want more bouquets, etc. They were LOVELY and lasted over 2 weeks!

Also, our Costco has a flower kiosk where you can buy lovely bouquets for about $17. I asked at the customer service desk and they have an actual florist who does the arranging. They gave me her phone number. I called her and ordered for pickup, 3 days before the wedding, 9 dozen white vendela roses, 70 stems of white asiatic lillies and 2 huge bunches of baby's breath for $177. When I picked them up I was able to see them in person, they were fabulous! She handed them over in buckets that I kept in the basement so they could bloom more, after adding the floral food. I thought I had an exclusive "in" for a floral source. She told me when I picked these up that she does about 18 weddings a week! I don't know if Sam's has the same type of set-up for local stores.

Below is the rose centerpiece, with baby's breath. I used green floral foam inserted in the silver vases I got from a local florist going out of business for $5 each.

This is the centerpiece I made with the Asiatic Lillies (it came with the long grasses) and baby's breath. I purchased "jelly balls" from www.lacrafts.com. Each bag was enough for a 9" tall cylinder vase, they had the cheapest price I could find.

I made all 10 of the centerpieces the morning before the wedding, then put them in the basement to stay cool.

I had a lot of the lillies left over, I overbought. But the thing about lillies is that they open upward.......... the bottom flowers open first, then they open up along the stem. You have to have them at least 3 days before the wedding for that to occur.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used fiftyflwoers.com and flowersandfreshness.com I was very happy with both.  They flowers were beautiful and the delivery was right on time!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! All of these are really helpful. I'm definitely going to contact the Costco around here and see what they can do!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards