Getting in Shape

health drinks

I went to buy a vita coco drink with pomegranate and acai yesterday, took one sip and immediately threw it away.  It was horrid.  I wanted to try it because I heard coconut water was very good for you.  I like this green monster juice, I forget who makes it.  I tried a synergy drink one and had to choke it down.  My friend told me it helped your digestive system.  What drinks do you have?  Water is my drink 24/7 but sometimes I like to add a little variety and I will want something else.  Oh I do like those propel drinks.

Re: health drinks

• I drink coconut water occassionally, but like you have not acquired the taste for it just yet. 
    It IS good for you.. but so are a lot of things! 
    Something that is NOT good for you, however, are those sugary drink that claim to be great for "electrolytes" .. ie that propel that you enjoy. You're better off drinking water. 

I don't like buying premade/mixed fruity/energy/smoothie like drinks, I would MUCH rather make them myself. 
    Water is also my go-to, but just google green smoothies, energy smoothies, detox smoothies, whatever you're specifically looking for and recipes will pop up so you can make your own our of raw food items rather than preservative-filled packaged stuff. 
  • souptinsouptin member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    I am on team coconut water...but just the pure no sugar added stuff which is more expensive and harder to find.

I find it is the best after work out drink-it replaces electrolytes naturally its super high in potassium and I actually LIKE the taste of it.

I started after a friend and cross fit trainer recommended it to me when I was having a big problem with slow muscle recovery.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i'm a water girl but to just mix it up now and then I like a good smoothie.  We have a Juice Stop that makes phenomenal whole fruit smoothies that you can add extra protein, vitamins, and even wheat grass into.

At home I'm a green monster lover.  It's awesome that you can add tons of spinach to one and not even taste it.  (i have a few recipes on my blog, just search smoothie)
  • Souptin, the no sugar added stuff is super easy to find where I live since.. Well I'm in WA... we're all freakin super-health junkie hippies :P 
    But I didn't realize that it's great for potassium.. That does make me want to look into drinking it more.. I have issues with my potassium upkeep and get "charlie horses" easily bleh
  • I'm on Shakeology- it is all whole foods and there are no artifical sweeteners, soy, gluten, or any aritfical ingredients.
    I also use P90X resuls and recovery for after a workout, not just my P90X workouts.

Otherwise water is my best friend ;) I don't do aritfical sweeteners or diet drinks.
    May 2013 Brides February Siggy photo invitessiggy_zpscfc27989.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards