Canada-Ontario
Options

Missing my guy :(

i'm getting married next sept to my best friend in the whole world!  we already live together and although we're good at maintaining our separate lives and friendships, we spend a lot of time together.  so when my FI was told by work that he was heading over to Germany for two months - and hopefully not longer! - on business, i was bummed but tried to look at the good points - it's a good career move for him, great on the resume, etc.  (not to mention they didn't ask him so much as tell him)  He left on Sat and I know it's only been a couple of days, but i miss him already!  i should mention he will get to come for for Xmas, he'll be here maybe up to a week, and then gone again for Jan.  i know there are brides out there with partners far away for longer periods of time, but it just sucks to be so excited about wedding planning and stuff and have my FI an ocean away!  
just feeling a little lonely this afternoon... 

Re: Missing my guy :(

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww... that sucks.  it's good that you are looking at the possitives in the situation... but the fact is it still sucks.  If it makes you feel better I'm worse than you. haha FI is off to school a few hrs drive away and comes home at the weekend and I cry every Sunday when he leaves for the week! hahaha 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awwww - I know the feeling.  DH travels a lot for work.  He's been away twice since we've been together for 4 months at a time, and another for 2 months.  He was supposed to go away in January again for 4 months but it fell through (HA!).  

The four months he was last gone was last year in Sept-Dec while we were planning the wedding.  He got back on Dec 23rd!  It's tough when you're stressed not to have him around.  The only good thing was that it was during the "slow" time in the wedding planning process.  You still have lots of time until the wedding, so better him gone NOW instead of closer to the date when you are super stressed and crazy and need him there!

I hope you feel better soon - make sure you Skype often and exchange emails too!  Feel free to let it out here in the meantime!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can relate, but I am on the other side of the coin! I travel a lot for work (granted, it's for periods of 2-3 weeks, but when you're doing that for a 4 or 5 month stretch it can be hard. Make skype your new best friend! Sometimes, just the chance to see each other (digitally) can help out a lot. Keep strong!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies, i really appreciate the support!!
  • Options
    lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I will have to do distance after the wedding for several months, and it won't be our first time.  I definitely understand being upset!  Just remember - it will end!
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww I know how you feel! It's hard looking at the calender and seeing all that blank space between today and the day you see him.

My FI lives in Alberta and I go to school here. I haven't seen him since September 4th and I've missed him every single day. I go back in just over a month (no christmas together!), but this is the longest I've ever gone without him. In my experience with him long distance (back and forth for 2.5 years), it truly brings you closer (if that even seems possible).

Hang in there, it sucks but the time without him WILL pass :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards