• Name: Jessica 
    FI's Name: Andrew
    Hometown: Attleboro, Ma
    Wedding Date: 9/28/13
    Venue: Quidnessett Country Club
    Favorite Vendor(s): not sure yet
    Favorite Part about planning: Doing things Myself! Love itt
    Least Favorite Part about planning: Budgeting. lol
    Best Wedding Advice: Shop around. Don't go for the first thing you see. Always stay within your budget.
    ***February Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon Destination - Punta Cana!*** Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Name: Abby
    FI's Name: Andrew
    Hometown: Pawtucket, currently in MA though
    Wedding Date: 11.9.13
    Venue: Still searching...
    Favorite Vendor(s): Photography is a passion/hobby of mine so it was an area I was willing to splurge and something very important to me personally, as well as my FI. Options Photography, Susan and Lynda are AMAZING! I've been to other weddings they have done and they are friends of the family so I've seen a lot of their work and even worked with them for a brief period of time to help out.
    Favorite Part about planning: Seeing how excited people are for us, it makes me feel so loved. And I love being creative and figuring out how to make things instead of buying or just finding it cheaper.
    Least Favorite Part about planning: Waiting for people to get back to you.
    Best Wedding Advice: Don't get so wrapped up in planning a party that you forget the true meaning/purpose of the wedding. Try to not sweat the small stuff. Nothing ever goes exactly as planned and if at the end of the day you are married to the one you love, that's all that truly matters.
  • Name: Gina
    FI's Name: Rich
    Hometown: warwick, ri
    Wedding Date: 06.30.13
    Venue: TBD
    Favorite Vendor(s): TBD
    Favorite Part about planning: seeing everything come together
    Least Favorite Part about planning:  $$$$$$$$$ lol
    Best Wedding Advice: I just started but weddings have been getting planned around me, so the most I can say if yes, this day is about YOU, but try hard not to make everyone around you miserable!
    06.26.06 :)
  • Name: Lyndsay
    FI's Name: Ryan
    Hometown: Florence, SC (I am originally from Portsmouth, RI)
    Wedding Date: June 22, 2013
    Venue: Emmanuel Church (ceremony) Newport Officers Club (reception)
    Favorite Vendor(s): so far all of my vendors have been great to work with. and I am still going to find more!  Hope my luck continues.
    Favorite Part about planning: I have loved being able to work with my family and then getting my dress!!!! It makes it feel so real.
    Least Favorite Part about planning: ummmmmm BUDGET!! Yell
    Best Wedding Advice: keep calm and realize it will all come together.  I really appreciate my family for be willing to help me with all my planning.  They have been great!  and before I know it June will be here and I will marry my best friend!
  • Name: Kathryn
    FI's Name: Jason
    Hometown: Wakefield, RI
    Wedding Date: 7/6/13
    Venue: Whispering Pines (URI Alton Jones Campus)
    Favorite Vendor(s): our photographer- Gabby Marks (Gabrielle Marks Photography).  She is so amazing.  She has been incredibly helpful in making recommendations for other vendors.
    Favorite Part about planning: Getting to be creative and explore all of the options available. 
    Least Favorite Part about planning: Trying to coordinate with my mom who lives 4 hours away.  Thank god for cell phones and unlimited minutes!
    Best Wedding Advice: don't wait until the last minute to get things done and don't feel like you have to follow the many timelines that are available.  If you know what you want, get it done!
  • My screen name comes up all numbers! My profile was created when I got engaged 12 or do years ago! My name is Kasey Anniversary 4/20/02 Here to get info for pals wedding. Plain and simple. Need shower bachelorette advice. Haven't done this stuff in a long time!!!! Can't comment on vendors as their service may have changed in a decade. But I do see some that some nanes are still around so that speaks volumes. Alexandra's for example. Fatima worked magic by ordering my wedding gown in December and having it ready by the big day it was by a hair but ready as promised! And that shop also handled my cousins wedding back
  • My screen name comes up all numbers! My profile was created when I got engaged 12 or do years ago! My name is Kasey Anniversary 4/20/02 Here to get info for pals wedding. Plain and simple. Need shower bachelorette advice. Haven't done this stuff in a long time!!!! Can't comment on vendors as their service may have changed in a decade. But I do see some that some nanes are still around so that speaks volumes. Alexandra's for example. Fatima worked magic by ordering my wedding gown in December and having it ready by the big day it was by a hair but ready as promised! And that shop also handled my cousins wedding back in 1991.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_intros?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:f257279e-5a35-4495-a417-f3757ebf033dPost:9dad3754-0b92-4912-9791-f8af26d98c2c">Re: Knottie Introductions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Name: Lizzy FI's Name: Evan Hometown: Currently living in Los Angeles (he is from South Kingston & I am from Massachusetts) Wedding Date: 6/1/2013 Venue: The Towers, Narragansett  Favorite Vendor(s): The Towers staff, very helpful recommending other vendors. Favorite Part about planning: Thinking about color schemes and centerpieces. Least Favorite Part about planning: Trying to plan from the west coast. Best Wedding Advice: Start planning early so it doesn't get to stressful.
    Posted by Liz C16[/QUOTE]

<div>I think your fiance grew up on my street...I must have met you at my bro's wedding last year at the Atlantic Beach Club. Congrats and good luck planning!</div>
  • Name: Sarah
    FI's Name: Jonathan
    Hometown: Meriden, CT
    Wedding Date: 9/13/13
    Venue: The Towers
    Favorite Vendor(s):Caitlin Maloney , Photography. Jeremy Folster, Videographer. Jason Citrone, Music Mixers. Jen Strunk, DOC. The Glammies, Hair & Makeup.
    Favorite Part about planning: the fact that I get to do it! (after being a bridesmaid 9 times!)
    Least Favorite Part about planning: spending all my hard earned cash!
    Best Wedding Advice: do what makes YOU happy and no one else. this is your and your fiancee's day and NO ONE elses!

Sarah Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Name: Jenn
    FI's Name:  Stanley
    Hometown: South Kingstown, RI but living in Brooklyn, NY
    Wedding Date: 3/8/14
    Venue: Newport Marriott
    Can't really say anything else since the process is continuing...

• Name: Trish
    FI's Name: JD
    Hometown: Grew up in RI, currently in Danielson CT
    Wedding Date: 5/?/2014
    Venue: Still looking
    Favorite Vendor(s): We'll start to figure this part out once we have a venue!
    Favorite Part about planning: All of the amazing DIY ideas I've found
    Least Favorite Part about planning: Guest list! Most of the venues I like best are too small to fit all our guests
    Best Wedding Advice: Remember that not only is the day supposed to be fun but that it's just the start of your life together. Stick with a budget you can afford - I know couples who got divorced because of fights over the debt they had racked up for their wedding.
  • Name: Kellie FI's Name: DJ (Darren) Hometown: Cumberland Wedding Date: ?/?/2014 Venue: TBD - Considering destination to Caribbean; small, backyard or dinner reception. Favorite Part about planning: Looking at all the beautiful options for everything! Least Favorite Part about planning: Deciding between all the wonderful choices! Best Wedding Advice: Do what makes YOU both happy and no one else.
  • I'm not going to fill out the whole form because I'm not the bride--my niece is!  Yaay!!! :)

I've been waiting for these kids to decide to get married since the day I met him, they are so much in love and such a cute couple and I'm so excited he will finally be an "official" member of the family!

Just thought I'd pop in here now and start gathering some info to give her.  She will be joining up here I'm sure and give you all their details then!  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards