Iowa-Des Moines

Photo Booths

Has anyone been to weddings with photo booths? It sounds like a ton of fun!!!! It is pretty pricey though so I wanted some reviews on some places before I hand over that much cash. I am saving a bunch of money on a photographer so I am trying to justify it. Most booths are pricing around $1,000. Maybe that doesn't seem like alot to some people but I like to get reviews before I spend that much. Thanks!

Re: Photo Booths

• edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding last month where they didnt have a photo booth, but they hired a friend with a nice camera and a backdrop and then had makrer boards where guests could write messages to the bride and groom and get their picture taken with the board. A ton of people did it and loved it and now we're thinking about doing it too! I wanted a photo booth but most are so expensive!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oh that is an awsome, unique idea!!!
  • ebie614ebie614 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going to have a photo booth through our DJ and it will be $800.  We were pricing them stand-alone too and couldn't find anything less than $1,000, so we feel like it's a decent deal.  We'll see if it was worth it. :)
  • McsweetsMcsweets member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Do you know who they rented to do the "fake" photobooth?  I don't want offend a photographer by asking!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I think she said that a friend did it for her.
  • edited December 2011
    Ya I think it was just a family friend that did it, but they still had a photographer taking pictures too
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jesst32jesst32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are planning on doing a photo booth at our reception! I'm really excited. We bought a polariod camera off of e-bay and are looking into buying film, although I think it is about $1 a picture. So we might just have my cousins (two couples) take pictures on a digital camera and print them afterwards ourselves. I was planning on DIYing the things to go with such as marker board, mustaches, big glasses, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards