California-San Diego
Options

Advice on a trip to San Diego or Catalina

Hi ladies,

Sorry to impose on your board, but my DH and I are considering a 4th of July/birthday trip to San Diego or Catalina.  We are from the east coast and new to traveling.  Does anyone have any suggestions on where to stay, must see attractions?  Do you think this is a good time of year to visit?  We want to be near a beach where we can go in the water.  Any advice is much appreciated.
We ran off to Vegas and got married!

Re: Advice on a trip to San Diego or Catalina

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My suggestion is Sn Diego over Catalina.  Catalina is beautiful, but there is really not much to do.  I went for a day trip, but was ready to come back to the mainland after a few hours. I think it would have been different if we had a hotel room to go back and relax at, but we were just kind of hanging out with not much to do.

As far as San Diego in July, it is always a good time to visit San Diego!  Hopefully the "June Gloom" will have passed and you will have perfect weather.  It starts to get pretty hot in July.  Hotels may be expensive that time of year due othe holidays.  If you want to be able to se the fireworks, check out hotels on Mission Bay: The Dana, The Bahia, Paradise Point, The Catamaran....

Hope that helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! 
    We ran off to Vegas and got married!
  • Options
    AllyG303AllyG303 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hotels are very expensive on holiday weekends.  I've found that renting a condo on the beach for a weekend is significantly cheaper (check vrbo.com)

Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards