New York-Long Island

Chuppah or Wedding Canopy?

I am having a traditional (protestant) church wedding in Brooklyn (my reception is in LI) and I would like to have a chuppah or wedding canopy (with the four posts) as opposed to the traditional floral arch. The problem is I am not Jewish and neither is my fiance. I thought about DIY but I wouldn't know what to do with it after the wedding. Does anyone know where I can rent one in LI or NYC?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Chuppah or Wedding Canopy?

• edited December 2011
    your venue may have one or know where u can get one.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi!!!

I think it's really great that you are having one. Jewish or not - the meaning behind it is quite nice if that's where you are going with it. Your FLORIST should have access to one. Some venues do as well. My florist is providing a traditional one for free, however, the price to rent and decorate one from her was quite reasonable.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Most florists will be able to do this for you, as PP have said.  Ours didn't have flowers on it, and our florist charged us $600.  If you want flowers on it, the price will go up.  We opted to have two large baskets in front of the chuppah instead.
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • EsquireJLEsquireJL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My ceremony venue is a church so they don't have one and I called my florist and she doesn't have one either (she only has an arch).

*Rdomb1107* & *saisongbird*  Can you send me the contact information for your florists?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_chuppah-wedding-canopy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:120Discussion:28ed6fd0-b53c-4a3d-a980-4ae4bd0ad85ePost:2e3a1bc7-5052-41a2-9199-64e00b5ff20f">Re: Chuppah or Wedding Canopy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My ceremony venue is a church so they don't have one and I called my florist and she doesn't have one either (she only has an arch). *Rdomb1107* & *saisongbird*  Can you send me the contact information for your florists?
    Posted by EsquireJL[/QUOTE]

Not your ceremony venue, your reception venue.
  • edited December 2011
    We used Masters and Company in Rockville Centre.  I don't have the info anymore but you can google them.
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Sugar Magnolias in Stony Brook - the owners name is Heidi - she is a doll.

I know also Flowers by Brian can do one - and they were fairly inexpensive for one with flowers.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • EsquireJLEsquireJL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry Annabeth I miss understood. Thank you ladies! I am going to contact these places.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • daliaspekdaliaspek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,
    also, if you're interested in a modern version that can possibly be turned into furniture (by the artist), check out roykushner.com.
    he makes beautiful chuppahs as well.
    Dalia
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards