New Hampshire

Dan Griffith - JP for NH & Mass

Just wanted to thank you ladies who over the years have either made a post about or commented on a post about Dan Griffith or recommending him when somebody asked about good JP's. I was going to make a post a week or two ago about recommended JP's in NH and what the prices were...but figured the question had been asked a million times already and decided to find older posts. I found a TON of referrals for him and even pricing (he quoted me $275 which is what others had said. Not sure if it changes according to location or state though). Everybody else that was recommended was over our price range and I was just praying that Dan was as wonderful as you all have said. Me & FI met with him Saturday and he's SOOOO personable & funny. I told FI to squeeze my leg under the table if he liked him and wanted to book him on the spot....and not even half way through the appointment he squeezed it....and I was thrilled cause I had already decided that I wanted to book him on the spot too as long as FI was on board.

So thanks ladies (and the few men we get on here!)! And to any of you that are looking for a JP and can't spend the $400 some of them charge... do your research on this site and read reviews from people that have actually used Dan in their ceremonies already. I TRIED to look for some negative reviews just to see if there was any reason NOT to book him...and I couldn't find anything. The fact that he hasn't even performed our ceremony yet & I'm already recommending him just proves how awesome I thought he was lol
126 Invited image
37 Ready to Rock! image
9 Party Poopers image
80 Can't find the mailbox imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dan Griffith - JP for NH & Mass

• edited December 2011
    Congrats!  We booked Dan in February for our September 2012 wedding..  We knew we were going to book him within the first few minutes.
  • Kfudge0714Kfudge0714 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for posting this... I am going to check into him right now! =)
  • edited December 2011
    Kfudge0714: Awesome! He books up quickly (hence why I booked him 10month out lol). While you research and decide if you want to meet with him..I would go to his website and shoot him an e-mail to see if he's available for your date.

www.dangriffiths.me/

Good luck!
    126 Invited image
    37 Ready to Rock! image
    9 Party Poopers image
  • Kfudge0714Kfudge0714 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_dan-griffith-jp-nh-mass?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:101Discussion:b12ba270-59e0-47d7-9ea3-caca446e9e87Post:5b355126-88d3-4ad0-a91a-b740f8eeb97e">Re: Dan Griffith - JP for NH & Mass</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kfudge0714: Awesome! He books up quickly (hence why I booked him 10month out lol). While you research and decide if you want to meet with him..I would go to his website and shoot him an e-mail to see if he's available for your date. www. dangriffiths .me/ Good luck!
    Posted by msowena[/QUOTE]

email sent... thanks again =)
  • crystal5724crystal5724 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is there any others to recommend, I am actually on the NH/MA line in MA and Dan was on my list to call, but seeing as DirtyWater has booked him 9/8 I will need to look elsewhere. 

Better yet, who did you meet with? Who was your second runner up to Dan? Who should I stay away from :)
  • edited December 2011
    Kfudge: Your welcome :)

crystal: He does both morning & night weddings on the same day if they are far enough apart (I know because he met us after his morning wedding and before the night one)....so unless your sure both of your weddings are at the same time I would still check him for availability.

I didn't have a second choice, he was the only highly recommended one I was interested in within our budget. I have read great things about Jane Rokes (she's in Keene), but if I remember correctly she was out of my price range so I didn't do much research on her.
    126 Invited image
    37 Ready to Rock! image
    9 Party Poopers image
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_dan-griffith-jp-nh-mass?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:101Discussion:b12ba270-59e0-47d7-9ea3-caca446e9e87Post:26e574eb-522e-4220-b428-901d21dbc340">Re: Dan Griffith - JP for NH & Mass</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is there any others to recommend, I am actually on the NH/MA line in MA and Dan was on my list to call, but seeing as DirtyWater has booked him 9/8 I will need to look elsewhere.  Better yet, who did you meet with? Who was your second runner up to Dan? Who should I stay away from :)
    Posted by crystal5724[/QUOTE]

I didn't meet with anyone else.  He was the only one we set up a meeting with and booked right on the spot.

He told us that he'll only do two weddings if they are in the same state.
  • Luv2Cook27Luv2Cook27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly reccommend Dan. 

He did our wedding and you will not be disappointed!

Congrats on the check!
    ~*Emily*~
    Wedding Bio

Anniversary
  • Check him out if not at same time he could prob. do yours too!
    ....Happy ever after.... http://romanowedding.weebly.com/
  • We had met with Dan and liked him/hired him on the spot as well. my fiance and i both LOVED how comfortable we were with him from the second we met him! This wont change either, he was awesome! He is very straight-forward and isnt afraid to tell anyone what to do for you which was great for me who tries to please everyone :) He was very flexible with changing the order and gave us all the info we needed step by step along the way so it was NEVER a stressful time with him. He did the rehearsal at PTK with us and then was there the next day. We truly cant say anough about him he was wonderful, loud and great sense of humor :) Good luck ladies and you wont regret him!!

Also he was SUPER fast with sending in licensure, he promised next day delivery to get it all sent in to be cleared and he wasnt kidding was all set by time we got back form honeymoon one week later!)
    ....Happy ever after.... http://romanowedding.weebly.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards