Wedding Etiquette Forum

Back from Thanksgiving...

How is everybody?  What did I miss this weekend?  I spent most of the time drinking with my older sister - who is a worse influence on me that dnb and kjb combined.

It was pretty sad to go from cold Michigan to even colder Minneapolis today. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Back from Thanksgiving...

• I'm not a bad influence!  You haven't really missed anything at all.  Its been ridiculously quiet around here lately. 

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Hey Andy!  I did not get to watch the Packers here.  They had the Browns on.  Who wants to watch them?
  • I didn't get to watch the Packers either!  It was the stupid Vikings.  I felt happy that the new coach won I guess.  But we lost.

I seriously hope its not dead here after tonight.  This week at work is going to suck and I need all the entertainment I can get.
  • I keeed...I keeed.....
  • I am a fantastic influence.  
    I was happy that the Bears knocked Vick on his ass.  Unfortunately he was able to walk afterard.
    I don't think you missed anything Andy, it's been really slow.
    Photobucket
  • Aw beachy, that sucks.  
    Photobucket
  • It's my own fault though so I can't be mad at anyone but myself.  I wish it would have shown the address and said is this the shipping address you want used?  But oh well.  At least it went there and not to our old apartment where strangers now live and my laptop would be forever gone.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm sorry, did someone say STUPID Vikings? DAGGERS, ANDY. DAGGERS.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Such an optimist you are :)  Did you get your errands done today?
    Photobucket
  • Hi All.

Glad to hear everyone had a good T'Day.  We of course, did not celebrate... ::-(
  • For the most part I did.  I went to the NEX to get H a shirt, and ending up getting him 2 shirts and a pair of shorts.  But they were Under Armour heat gear that he really likes, and they said Navy on them, so I know he'll like them.  And I decided to pull his car out of the garage and take that since I haven't moved it in about 3 weeks, and it needed gas.  While pumping the gas I realized that I put the wrong type in.  Oops, won't tell him about that one. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_back-thanksgiving?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:105d5733-52d5-4bf4-a7b1-623ccad7dff9Post:1afd049a-bc06-4140-a8ad-748dd922ccaf">Re: Back from Thanksgiving...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry, did someone say STUPID Vikings? DAGGERS, ANDY. DAGGERS.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]
    should I say scary and butt touching Vikings?  hmmm?
  • We went to Costco and spent $205 - the best part was we had a $200 American Express gift card.  I guess MIL is good for something.  And I am making some herb and cheddar bread in my bread machine and it smells delicious.
    Photobucket
  • Ooohh that bread sounds awesome!  So did you spend $405 at Costco, or $205 and only spent $5?  It is so easy to spend lots there.  For some reason they don't accept our type of debit card, and we don't have any American Express cards, so we always have to take out cash.  We always under estimate how much we need to take out and end up putting something back at the register.  If we were smart we would remember our check book when we go, but I never remember it and we don't normally carry it.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Our total was $205.  And I went there to get a new dog bed.  Isn't that how is usually works?  It didn't even seem that we got that much stuff.  Adam got some meat though, so I guess that adds up fast.
    Photobucket
  • YES. At least those statements are true.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • I'm here. Just got home from church and youth group that we help out with.

I'll be around for a while tonight.
  • Oh yeah the meat gets really expensive.  We actually haven't bought any meat from there since H was leaving and I won't grill.  The only meat I'll make is chicken breast really while he's gone since I just throw it in the oven.  Before my parents come visit though in March I'll load up on meat.  I figure I'll cook them dinner one night, and then I know my dad will kick me out of the kitchen.  I already told him we bought a new grill and I intend to make him use it while he's here.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm not really a meat-eater, so I send H over to the meat section and I hit up the glorious cheese aisle.  mmmmm.
    Photobucket
  • Oh - and beachy, remember how i mentioned that my mom's friend's ILs had lost her cat on Thanksgiving?  She found her today.  I'm so happy for her.  I would be devastated if I lost one of my little critters. 
    Photobucket
  • Aww I'm so happy that they found her!  Was she okay without getting her medication?  Where did they find her?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • She was across the street, I'm not exactly sure where, but I guess in a yard.  She said she seemed pretty good - She gets subq fluids every few days, so I'm not sure how she was for that, but at least she found her and she's home now.  
    Photobucket
  • yay for saved kitties!  its way too cold for them to be out and about.  One of my bffs just lost a kitty a couple weeks ago.
  • Aww Andy did she ever find it?  I hate hearing about lost animals, especially in the cold. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_back-thanksgiving?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:105d5733-52d5-4bf4-a7b1-623ccad7dff9Post:a4123b13-2e46-4198-ae1e-84a2b377b15a">Re: Back from Thanksgiving...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aww Andy did she ever find it?  I hate hearing about lost animals, especially in the cold. 
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]
    that story did not have an happy ending.  They had friends over the night the cat went missing and the friends' dog was outside in their yard.  The cat liked to go outside with the dogs and apparently there was a fight. 
  • I'm still working on Word.  I haven't seen him, but someone (something?) has been eating some of the food I leave out.   I'll have to put a little shelter out there for him.  IT hasn't been too cold here yet, but I know it's coming.
    Photobucket
  • Andy that's horrible.  Is it normally an outside cat, or did it accidentally get out? 

KJB did you build the shelter from that site?

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Not yet, I have to go buy the supplies and the straw.
    Photobucket
  • yeah it was an inside kitty that started to like to go outside too.  My friend said the thought of that ever happening never crossed her mind - and I honestly agree.  The cat never went out of the fenced in yard.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards