DC

Marriage License Application - do both parties need to be present?

I know on a previous post one person said that both parties did not need to be present as long as the person that went had the drivers license of both parties with them, another person said both parties needed to be there, so I'm wondering...

Did anyone go alone, or did your spouse go alone to apply for your marriage license? 

Its much more convenient for my FI to go on his break at work but I would have to take time off to go - at the same time I would hate to send my FI all the way there to find out I needed to be there as well - I'd love to hear your feedback - thanks!
-Linds
BabyFruit Ticker
Anniversary

Re: Marriage License Application - do both parties need to be present?

• edited December 2011
    I can only speak for Arlington County, but we both had to be present because they give you an oath stating you've given all accurate information and both people have to sign.  Different locations may have different requirements though. Probably would be worth a call to your local courthouse.
  • edited December 2011
    In Alexandria you both have to be present as well.   Find the website for your local  courthouse for the information, and call them if you have any questions.
    murrayed
  • LindsMullinixLindsMullinix member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies - we're actually getting married in DC - I just called the DC marriage bureau and they confirmed that only one party is required to be present as long as the application has been filled out and the person present has the ID's of both parties.
    -Linds
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Montgomery County, only one person needed to appear to apply.
  • edited December 2011
    I can confirm that in DC, only one person needs to be present.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards