Pennsylvania-Central

Marriage license id requirements question (Lanc.)

We are getting our marriage license from the Lancaster County Courthouse (not sure if this is relevant). The website says under "id requirements" that a ss# and a gov. issued photo id is required. I am assuming this means that you do not need to show your ss card but just provide the number and then of course provide a photo id. Does anyone know if this is correct?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Marriage license id requirements question (Lanc.)

• leigordleigord member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am pretty sure  you need your actual ss card.  We are going Friday morning to apply for our license (Dauphin County courthouse)
  • edited December 2011
    we didnt need our ss card in dauphin county. we needed to provide our number verbally, have photo ID (drivers license works), and you do not need your birth certificate but you do need to know the county and state that you were born in as well as both of your parents.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-central_marriage-license-id-requirements-question-lanc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:107Discussion:3c7aa800-d7af-4855-a3e2-0192782e65ccPost:e247b70c-6a80-442e-897f-68cfb6b5c426">Re: Marriage license id requirements question (Lanc.)</a>:
    [QUOTE]we didnt need our ss card in dauphin county. we needed to provide our number verbally, have photo ID (drivers license works), and you do not need your birth certificate but you do need to know the county and state that you were born in as well as both of your parents.
    Posted by steeser03[/QUOTE]
    Thanks steeser. Good to know!! I will need to ask Pops where he was born!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-central_marriage-license-id-requirements-question-lanc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:107Discussion:3c7aa800-d7af-4855-a3e2-0192782e65ccPost:822a7d8e-5466-4e52-97a4-87009893d436">Re: Marriage license id requirements question (Lanc.)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marriage license id requirements question (Lanc.) : Thanks steeser. Good to know!! I will need to ask Pops where he was born!
    Posted by vintagefix[/QUOTE]

Same thing in Cumberland County
  • leigordleigord member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh thanks. Sorry I gave the wrong info.  :-)
  • edited December 2011

I think it depends on the person working at the courthouse that day. I would take it just in case.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards