Illinois-Chicago
Options

VENUE NEEDED: Self-Catering Allowed, Budget-Friendly Location in Northern Chicagoland

We're trying to do our wedding for under $5,000.

I'm trying to find a place that will allow self-catering so that we can simply have a dessert reception and bring food ourselves. So far, I've had no luck finding anywhere in Northern Chicagoland/Southern Wisconsin that allows self-catering.

I'm open to any suggestions, but I'd be really excited if anyone knew of a renovated barn, a forest preserve building, or some sort of estate that allowed self-catering.

Thanks in advance!

Re: VENUE NEEDED: Self-Catering Allowed, Budget-Friendly Location in Northern Chicagoland

• Options
    The Grove in Glenview allows it, but you have to add an extra $1,000 for "training," which basically negates much of the savings.
  • Options
    You should try Maravela's Banquets in Fox Lake...they dont do self catering, but they are SERIOUSLY budget friendly and dont have room rental charges, etc to rack up the costs! I am using them for 100 people sit down family style dinner with premium open bar, and i am not going over 4grand!! and their food is amazing!! so for what you are wanting, it will be way less!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_venue-needed-self-catering-allowed-budget-friendly-location-northern-chicagoland?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:ee1c60f5-f3bf-4e63-b1ee-c408d1c3d58dPost:f337a4b8-3087-4dc8-9691-b354a0a11898">Re: VENUE NEEDED: Self-Catering Allowed, Budget-Friendly Location in Northern Chicagoland</a>:
    [QUOTE]You should try Maravela's Banquets in Fox Lake...they dont do self catering, but they are SERIOUSLY budget friendly and dont have room rental charges, etc to rack up the costs! I am using them for 100 people sit down family style dinner with premium open bar, and i am not going over 4grand!! and their food is amazing!! so for what you are wanting, it will be way less!
    Posted by Jewel88[/QUOTE]

Jewel, it looks like you're getting married the week after I am!

We are also using Maravela's! I couldn't be happier with our choice! We are having our LARGE wedding on a Friday and that saves us a good amount of money there, too! It's working out perfect for us, since we both have large families, we have a large guest list! Another plus, the cake is included (from a local, awesome bakery) and they can provide the centerpieces. That's two more expenses taken care of!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Have you called Stan Rosenbeg at the Byron Colby Barn in Grayslake? They allow you to bring your own caterer - but I'm not sure about doing it yourself. There's also the Greenbelt in North Chicago - I'm not sure about their fees.
  • Options
    I heard about a great place in Lake Geneva. I'm thinking about using this location!
    Check it out:
    http://www.horticulturalhall.com/Home_Page.html
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I have been searching high and low for a location that will allow me to self-cater. PLEASE HELP!!! A nice place, if possible on the south side of Chicago.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards