Destination Weddings Discussions

WTF Wednesday

Vents, complaints and WTFs go here.
Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: WTF Wednesday

• jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    My WTF is still about yesterday's vent! I got denied for Christmas week off and another girl got it, aft I submitted it a month before her AND I have seniority. My first move is to question my supervisor about this, which I did via email. I didn't receive a response yet but our email was down but is now up. I will post her response later!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • One of the Special Education Teacher did not come in today, or she would be late. I hate her first period class. I love them individually but together, it is torture. They talk all day. They make me believe in the saying " The Emptiest Wagon Makes the MOST NOISE"  I think I am in a pre-K class.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jenn, that is so awful. I hate favoritism!! 

Why in the world did Nike change my shoe model so much to the extent that it's a COMPLETELY different shoe... shouldn't you change the name of it then?? Grrr... 
    ~*~ Ask me about DW Knottie of the Day and Nestie of the Day! ~*~

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I want to WTF Aunt Flo for being unbelievably cruel to me with her visit this month... I am SO sick of cuddling with this heating pad just to get through work!!!
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    You too Britt.... I've had my heating pad all week for my back. At least it keeps me warm when the girl next to me has her fan on! Lora~ which Nikes do you wear?
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    My supervisor keeps trying to call me. I don't want to talk to her verbally, I want it in an email so her responce is documented.
  • My WTF is WTF is with people being "broke" and buying brand new things such as flat screens and iphones ??? And not going to people's weddings but splurging on their own vacations. That really erks me.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Lora - I run in Nike's too ! I have had mine since January and love them ! Did they change recently ??

BabyFruit Ticker
  • no WTF for me today (yet) I just wanted to give my support to Jenn...that is so wrong!  I just wonder what the response would be...good luck girl!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • WTF Spirit for having 40lb weight limits. I have been struggling for hours moving things between suitcases, added a carry on and still having a hard time getting them to under 40lb. They are right at 40lbs right now. Plus a stuffed carry on and I have to take my TTD to my parents to put into my wedding dress bag.

Seriously. and my suitcases are like 1/2 empty
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Ladies- All of your's are so frustrating!

I've got a few WTFs.

1. My car is dead. We were really trying to keep it going until after the wedding. Knew we needed a new family car, but there is no way we can afford it right now. It's not worth fixing since what it would cost is more than the car is worth and would cost more than a down payment on a new car. UGH! I'm going to arrange to have it donated so I don't have to deal with it. This should be interesting not having a car...

2. D's parents. Always D's parents. This week it's back to how we don't do enough for them and should drop everything we are doing to help them in anyway they we can and WANT to do it. Umm, really? You are retired, more than able, have plenty of money and don't help us out in anyway, but we should do whatever you want when ever you want and want to do it? It's not like we are busting our butts trying to get everything done and paid for a wedding they aren't helping with. At all.

3. Our friend who is supposed to be doing our photos for the AHR just told me yesterday that she can't. Awesome. We know won't be having a photographer for that.

Oh, I've got more. It's been one of those weeks, but I'll spare you all.
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Thanks! She called again so I answered. She said "well F just requested 1 day and you requested 3". I said well obviously if I can't have the whole week Id just take the day after Christmas off too. She told me that she'd have to ask her boss about this. Really....WTF......she's wrong! Instead of denying the whole week to me she could've said that she couldnt give me the 3 days but could give me one....but no she just flat out denied me and then gave the day to someone else....who is supposedly my friend and asked for the day " just to see what happened". I'm so mad!
  • My WTF : WTF is with all of these WTF's??????????

Kimmy - Yours takes the cake...that would drive me to a cocktail for sure.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_wtf-wednesday-39?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:c5e85ab8-b691-40d2-8c0b-ac830b9cfccePost:922b974f-6198-4529-8117-a45b16cfd3c7">Re: WTF Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]My WTF is WTF is with people being "broke" and buying brand new things such as flat screens and iphones ??? And not going to people's weddings but splurging on their own vacations. That really erks me.
    Posted by Erinkathleen84[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>EXACTLY!!!!!!! So I just saw on FB my cousin (who said that she would be in the wedding along with her son as RB back in October....and in February when payments were due she backed out...well not her per se....she had her sister call me) post that her new Michael Kors watch just came in. Not the most expensive thing in the world...but knowing her, she picked one that had a bunch of bling and was probably a couple hundred dollars! I am still technically holding her tickets, and am so tempted to text her right now (or better yet a FB message), and ask if she is sure she isn't going to come. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    I wish someone would invite me to a DW, I'd so be there!! Just not this year or next year!! Lol.
  • So my WTF is pretty good this week thanks to my father. He called me up last night at about 10 pm and the first thing out of his mouth is "WTF is wrong with you?" he then went on a huge tirade about how I haven't called my grandma in a while which is true and I told him that I was wrong for not calling her. Then he starts on the fact that I haven't called my step sister who just had a baby. I admit that maybe I should have called her but I am not a fan of some of her actions with regard to the XH. He then starts in about how hard it is to be him and that he wants to be friends with my XH which I thought that we had all come to terms with a few months ago. He says that he wishes that FI & I, step sister & her husband and my XH and FIs XW could all be friends with each other. Oh and in the middle of all this he apologizes because he had a few to many glasses of wine. I could go on. He had me crying for a few hours. I am still pissed off about the whole thing. FI and I are actually thinking of just flying somewhere and saying screw FL to get married.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Oh boy, if you don't want to be friends with you ex, you d
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    I hate this phone! ......you don't have to be! Some people are and done are not. It's not that easy. He's probably wishing today, that he never called aft drinking wine.....does he drink out of a bag ; )
  • WTF to being sick for the past 2 weekends and I have no lost my voice completely.  Great when you teach French and Phys-ed all day long.  Also, Google maps needs to get my house on their websites.  Fed Ex couldn't deliver some of our wedding cos we gave them a "wrong" address.  No, it was correct when I called to check, we just don't exist to them (newer subdivision, but we're the last phase to go in.  Our phase is the only one not mapped in the entire neighbourhood).  At least they delivered it to work today.  Yay for package mail!!  :)

• Kimmy and Cathy, WTF?!?!?!  that's some shiz!!!!!!

My WTF is W(here) TF  did the week/time go??  I've got a ton of stuff to do and no time and no money to do it with!

Also, WTF is with FI's mom?  She told him today that she wants to have dinner with him (sans me) one night in Vegas.  Lady NO!  if this was a relationship where you and I liked each other I would say sure.  But since we're at each other throats constantly my soon-to-be-husband and I are a packaged pair until you get some help and accept that.  And WTF, she texted FI constantly the past 2 days wanting him to pick out a dress for her to wear to the wedding.  You are 57!  Go to Chico's and find something on your own!!!

And a funny:  after the shower my BM and I were in the car and she yelled at me that I was being mean to an old lady (FI's mom) I couldn't believe she was siding with her!  She said, "she's 70, what do you expect from her, she's probably senile." I told her she's 57.  BM almost swerved off the road!!!!!
  • Erin and Jenn, I run in Nike Air Pegasus. I've been running in them for 6+ years but what Nike does is they "update" the model number... so I think I started in 24s and then they did 25, 26, 27 and now 28. This time, they updated the model number but completely redid the shoe so it caused me to get hurt. :(
    ~*~ Ask me about DW Knottie of the Day and Nestie of the Day! ~*~

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards