Wedding Etiquette Forum

Does this match?

I'm very close to ordering my bridesmaid dresses but I'm having trouble picking the color.  I've been leaning towards eggplant for a fall wedding.  However, if I decide on this color I'm not sure what I should do for the groomsmen vests.  I don't think I want the guys to wear eggplant.  Would silver vests for groomsmen and white for groom work?  Any suggestions or pictures?  Thanks:) 

Re: Does this match?

• Yep silver for the GM would work, or even just black tux, black vest and tie with a white shirt would work, and then have the groom in black tux with all white vest/tie/shirt.  Pretty much whatever you and the groom want to do.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Silver works for me.  Otherwise if you got the right champagne that would work too.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • SIlver and eggplant look nice together.
    So do several shades of green (olive for one)
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• My groomsmen are wearing eggplant... it looks nice... for what its worth...

but yes that color combo sounds good, those are my colors... though I'm using ivory, not white
  • Silver would work well or ivory.
    Heather and Tom 10.10.10 10.10.10 - Tom and Heather Sitting on the Dock
  • I hate silver. I don't know why. I was going to suggest greens as well.
  • I agree with pps that they would match.  You're fine using them together.
  • Yep, that works.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • THanks for the suggestions.  Sorry just realized I posted this to the wrong board.  First post!
  • I', like pumpkin and personally am not a fan of silver, but it would match. I think a green color, champagne/tan or just black would be nice too.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_this-match?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b07d7d09-44c0-4c31-ac91-4cbd7f826d7aPost:0cf7054b-b300-4f8d-874c-b9449baa4643">Re: Does this match?</a>:
    [QUOTE]THanks for the suggestions.  Sorry just realized I posted this to the wrong board.  First post!
    Posted by kfas81@hotmail.com[/QUOTE]

That's okay!  This one's pretty much a catch-all so feel free to ask questions.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I also like silver, and I also like greens.  Just depends on what you all choose.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards