New Jersey

What are you doing/getting for your mom and/or (F)MIL for Mother's Day?

I'm trying to get some good ideas on a budget...
image 182 Invited
image 0 Are ready to party!
image 0 Will be missing the fun
image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What are you doing/getting for your mom and/or (F)MIL for Mother's Day?

• Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Taking my mom to Longwood Gardens and QVC tour spending the day with her, MIL's b-day/Mothers Day, fruit flower arrangement.. she lives far..

• edited December 2011
    I'm cooking for both moms at my place and buying them small presents, better get on that...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We always get my mom scratch-offs, she just loves them, but I am with you, I have no idea what else to get them this year. 
  • uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She wants to go to the Bronx Zoo. So we're doing that.  And I think my sister and I are going to get her a gift certificate to a garden store she likes, a new patio umbrella, and some plants.  Fun fun fun!  

No idea about my husband's mom -- he and his sister take care of her.
  • mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We're going to Ireland this summer, so I bought my mom an Ireland guidebook. I will probably get her chocolates as well, and maybe scratch-offs (my mom loves them too, Felicia :P).

We also just got our wedding pics today, so I may get some prints of her and our family and then buy one of those collage frames from Walmart and fill it with the pics.

DH's mom passed away a few years ago :(
  • JulepheniaJulephenia member
    edited December 2011
    My mom's birthday is the day before Mother's Day, so she'll get a card for MD, and I'm still trying to get out of her what she wants for her birthday.

FMIL is trickier. We lost FI's grandmother (whose birthday would have been May 12) this past February - FMIL's mother... and FI's last grandparent. (Oh, yeah, and that was about a week before FI's bday, and just shy of two weeks before FMIL's bday. It was not a good February.)

So, we'll probably all go out somewhere and try to just get through the day.
  • edited December 2011

My mom is deceased so we will probably go to the cemetary. My husband proposed there last year so my mom could be with me so it is important for me to go and visit her.
    Probably lunch with my husbands mom and grandmother. No idea what to get her. Maybe something cute from chicos.

• edited December 2011
    I think we're taking my mom out to eat and FMIL we are sending her a renewed subscription of runners world, maybe some running gear. Big running family.
  • LolyalyssaLolyalyssa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are taking FMIL to Skylands for brunch and I'm giving her a DVD of "It's Complicated"

My mom lives in Chicago so she gets a DVD and flowers via mail.
  • edited December 2011
    I got my mom earrings to wear on a special day :) It matches her dress that she's wearing to my wedding.

I'm getting FMIL a good mouse for her computer (as requested) and a travel book of Peru (she is going there in September).
  • DMLJDMLJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting her a crock pot and will give her some new recipes to go along with it.  For christmas, I gave her a cook book I made with recipes that I have used and told her about....she really loved it and that was very inexpensive.  Just got a nice binder, nice paper, and those plastic inserts. 

We'll probably also do some kind of dinner at my house and then I was thinking of renting "My Sister's Keeper" and watching that together. 
  • JulepheniaJulephenia member
    edited December 2011
    Just ordered my mom a book about gardening in little spaces. She lives in a townhouse and has a small patio/gardening area. Rather pleased with the find, since buying for her is very, very difficult.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards