Michigan-Lansing

Colors Question...

Our wedding is going to be sometime next May or early June. I was thinking that greens and pinks would make for pretty spring colors. In fact, I've been getting very excited about the whole pink/green thing. Then recently my fiance and I were talking and he reminded me that he will be wearing his Coast Guard uniform - navy blue.

Would you change the colors? I can't think of a fun "springy" color combination that goes with navy blue. Any ideas???

Susie

Re: Colors Question...

• emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just because he is wearing Navy blue doesn't mean it has to be one of the colors.  Think of it this way, if he was going to wear a black tux, that doesn't mean one of your colors has to be black.

If you like the green/pink combination, I say go for it.  I was in a wedding a few years ago that was pink/green and it was very cute!

Although if you want to use Navy, I think either pink or a light green would go very nice.  Really any pastel would be a nice compliment and be spring-y.  Navy is one of those colors that is more of a neutral so a lot of colors would look nice.
  • edited December 2011
    You could easily do a pink and green theme and just tie in little bits of navy blue here and there. I think the three together could look really nice too if the navy was just an accent color on a few things here and there.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-lansing_colors-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:96Discussion:fd76b82c-41f1-4406-b8fc-b3c5e308f23ePost:262cb842-d6db-40a6-8694-4c584557a7ec">Re: Colors Question...</a>:
    [QUOTE]You could easily do a pink and green theme and just tie in little bits of navy blue here and there. I think the three together could look really nice too if the navy was just an accent color on a few things here and there.
    Posted by Michelleymydear[/QUOTE]

Love that suggestion as well! Pink/ Green and accents of blue = very pretty! and Springy!
  • edited December 2011
    My colors are green & pink too, so I say go for it! :)
    ~Bethany My Bio! Visit Lansing.Weddings.com image
    9.10 Siggy Challenge: Fave Pic of FI & I. There are lots, but this one's good! :)image
  • jdkarstenjdkarsten member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could easily do a pink and green theme and just tie in little bits of navy blue here and there. I think the three together could look really nice too if the navy was just an accent color on a few things here and there.

Love this idea too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards