Not Engaged Yet

NEY board giving me my sanity back...

Today I have been reading the NEY board and you all are helping me get some sanity back cause I was in a funk 

Little backround:
We have a ring. I have seen the e-ring and everything (helped pick it out). I was getting bummed this week that my bf does not seem like in a hurry to ask. You can see that we have a date picked. Both of us picked it, not just me being crazy I promise! But... I also started some preplanning (colors, flower ideas). Bad Brooke!

But as I read this board I am realizing that I should not be dwelling on when a proposal will happen. I should let it happen, espically since my bf is NOT a planner so I should let him make this be really special for us. 

So just wanted to thank this board. I am going to stick to this board until the proposal happens! 

Re: NEY board giving me my sanity back...

• SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ney-board-giving-sanity-back?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:845ebe28-1dbd-4499-8fc9-9ce576089850Post:ba5d402b-6948-467c-b52e-50be7231364c">NEY board giving me my sanity back...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Today I have been reading the NEY board and you all are helping me get some sanity back cause I was in a funk  Little backround: We have a ring. I have seen the e-ring and everything (helped pick it out). I was getting bummed this week that my bf does not seem like in a hurry to ask. You can see that we have a date picked. Both of us picked it, not just me being crazy I promise! But... I also started some preplanning (colors, flower ideas). Bad Brooke! But as I read this board I am realizing that I should not be dwelling on when a proposal will happen. I should let it happen, espically since my bf is NOT a planner so I should let him make this be really special for us.  So just wanted to thank this board. I am going to stick to this board until the proposal happens! 
    Posted by BrookieCookie9[/QUOTE]

I'm glad someone appreciates us!  :)

You're doing well realizing that you need to slow your roll. 

My FI bought the ring we picked out together in April.  He just proposed on Saturday.  He is not really a planner, either, but he gave me the most romantic proposal.  It was well worth the wait.

Additionally, now that the proposal is over, it's kind of sad!  It really is true that you need to live in the moment because once the proposal happens, it's never going to happen again.  If you are constantly thinking about a proposal/wedding, you're not living in the now and missing many great times in your relationship!

Stick around.  We'll help you keep your mind off of it.

Oh, and welcome!
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome! My bf bought my ring in JANUARY!!! And, the ring is still not sized, so he is in no hurry to pop the question.  I don't know what I would do without these ladies on this board, I'd be absolutely BSC.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome! And if you just enjoy the time with your BF instead of waiting anxiously for the proposal then you will be in a really awesome place with him! Not to mention you will be genuinely happy he asked instead of wanting to yell "FINALLY!". :) 

Tell us about yourself! Do you like cookies? Baking? Hobbies?
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome!  Try to keep your mind of things, join in the many discussion threads.  We love Harry Potter and potatoes as well as many other awesome things.  
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ney-board-giving-sanity-back?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:845ebe28-1dbd-4499-8fc9-9ce576089850Post:ba5d402b-6948-467c-b52e-50be7231364c">NEY board giving me my sanity back...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Today I have been reading the NEY board and you all are helping me get some sanity back cause I was in a funk  Little backround: We have a ring. I have seen the e-ring and everything (helped pick it out). I was getting bummed this week that my bf does not seem like in a hurry to ask. You can see that we have a date picked. Both of us picked it, not just me being crazy I promise! But... I also started some preplanning (colors, flower ideas). Bad Brooke! But as I read this board I am realizing that I should not be dwelling on when a proposal will happen. I should let it happen, espically since my bf is NOT a planner so I should let him make this be really special for us.  So just wanted to thank this board. I am going to stick to this board until the proposal happens! 

*claps* OMG. Someone who gets it!! :)
    :) Welcome

Yep, just slow the roll... men tend to do things in their own time, and we have to just go with it - or risk driving them insane as well as ourselves :-P

Sooo how do you feel about cheese? Wine? Harry Potter? Potatoes? Sushi?
    AAAaaaand favorite Movie?
  • edited December 2011
    I have a feeling that I will still have my *moments* of craziness but I am vowing to just live in the moment of our relationship and not stress about what is to come. 

About me, I love Harry Potter! I enjoy wine and sushi. I love cheese.  My all time favorite movie is the Sound of Music. Cheesy I know but I could recite the entire thing right here and now. I love volleyball and just starting playing on a slowpitch softball team and really like it! BF and I have a house with a pool so I am loving the summer and the heat- bring on the heat! The hotter the better :)

Thanks everyone!
  • IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ney-board-giving-sanity-back?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:845ebe28-1dbd-4499-8fc9-9ce576089850Post:3bd59ac2-5db6-4633-a464-ec631cfa4772">Re: NEY board giving me my sanity back...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I <strong>have a feeling that I will still have my *moments* of craziness but I am vowing to just live in the moment of our relationship and not stress about what is to come.</strong>  About me, I love Harry Potter! I enjoy wine and sushi. I love cheese.  My all time favorite movie is the Sound of Music. Cheesy I know but I could recite the entire thing right here and now. I love volleyball and just starting playing on a slowpitch softball team and really like it!<strong> BF and I have a house with a pool so I am loving the summer and the heat- bring on the heat! The hotter the better :)</strong> Thanks everyone!

Bolded section #1: We all do - that's what's awesome about this board - we all help keep each other in check and keep busy so that we don't feed the BSC.

Bolded section #2: Totes Jealous! :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ney-board-giving-sanity-back?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:845ebe28-1dbd-4499-8fc9-9ce576089850Post:3bd59ac2-5db6-4633-a464-ec631cfa4772">Re: NEY board giving me my sanity back...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a feeling that I will still have my *moments* of craziness but I am vowing to just live in the moment of our relationship and not stress about what is to come.  <strong>About me, I love Harry Potter!</strong> I enjoy wine and sushi. I love cheese.  My all time favorite movie is the Sound of Music. Cheesy I know but I could recite the entire thing right here and now. I love volleyball and just starting playing on a slowpitch softball team and really like it! BF and I have a house with a pool so I am loving the summer and the heat- bring on the heat! The hotter the better :) Thanks everyone!

<div>Which is your favourite book?  Movie?  Character?</div>
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    BF kept saying how great a pool would be and I was just "eh" until we actually got it opened and swam in it!

Books, other than the HP, I used to be a book club and we read some good ones. The Help was a book I recently read (now becoming a movie I saw) and it was pretty good. I havent been able to participate because I am working on my MBA so that keeps me pretty busy
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!!! You seem like you'll fit right in here :)

Do you have any furbabies?? Pics if so!!!
    Do you watch TV?
    Last movie you saw in the theater?

• edited December 2011
    We have 2 dogs, our girl is 5 years old and our boy is 6 months old. Their names are Monica and Chandler :)

I am trying to not watch as much TV, we actually just cancelled our cable. we do have netflix so really have not suffered yet. Plus with none of the shows on right now, not missing much yet. I used to DVR like 20 some shows! 

Last movie I saw was HP7 :)
  • edited December 2011
    Here is a pic of our dogs. The brown one is our 5 yr girl, doesnt her face say "Little brothers can be so annoying!"
    haha

• becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We actually have an NEY bookclub if you're interested in a new bookclub. I also recently loved the Help and loved it!
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    edited December 2011
    Omg. Are they pitties?!?!

• CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ney-board-giving-sanity-back?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:845ebe28-1dbd-4499-8fc9-9ce576089850Post:3375b5b5-3538-49c3-bedf-1e0a1d501f9a">Re: NEY board giving me my sanity back...</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have 2 dogs, our girl is 5 years old and our boy is 6 months old. <strong>Their names are Monica and Chandler :) I</strong> am trying to not watch as much TV, we actually just cancelled our cable. we do have netflix so really have not suffered yet. Plus with none of the shows on right now, not missing much yet. I used to DVR like 20 some shows!  Last movie I saw was HP7 :)
    I love this!!<div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ney-board-giving-sanity-back?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:845ebe28-1dbd-4499-8fc9-9ce576089850Post:3bd59ac2-5db6-4633-a464-ec631cfa4772">Re: NEY board giving me my sanity back...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a feeling that I will still have my *moments* of craziness but I am vowing to just live in the moment of our relationship and not stress about what is to come.  About me, I love Harry Potter! I enjoy wine and sushi. I love cheese.  <strong>My all time favorite movie is the Sound of Music</strong>. Cheesy I know but I could recite the entire thing right here and now. I love volleyball and just starting playing on a slowpitch softball team and really like it! BF and I have a house with a pool so I am loving the summer and the heat- bring on the heat! The hotter the better :) Thanks everyone!

<div>A couple years ago, FI and I went to Spain and Germany. I made him come with me to Salzburg, Austria, where we took a Sound of Music tour... seeing some of the places where they filmed scenes (the gazebo, the lake they were rowing on, the church they got married in, etc). I loved every minute of it, and FI said it wasn't as bad as he thought it would be. :) So I totally understand the love for that movie!</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• edited December 2011
    @rdr716- We rescued both of them, so yes I think they are "pitties" (I like that term!)
    The white one we hope has some lab in him too so he will get bigger but not sure about that yet. 

@cu97tiger- i would LOVE to do that. Definetly on the bucket list :)
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ney-board-giving-sanity-back?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:845ebe28-1dbd-4499-8fc9-9ce576089850Post:bbcade71-c740-496b-8a89-2368a8a9581e">Re: NEY board giving me my sanity back...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NEY board giving me my sanity back... : A couple years ago, FI and I went to Spain and Germany. I made him come with me to Salzburg, Austria, where we took a Sound of Music tour... seeing some of the places where they filmed scenes (the gazebo, the lake they were rowing on, the church they got married in, etc). I loved every minute of it, and FI said it wasn't as bad as he thought it would be. :) So I totally understand the love for that movie!
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

I am so jealous!  I love sound of music!  
    Welcome!  Glad to see you're sticking around.  What kind of cheese do you like?
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ney-board-giving-sanity-back?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:845ebe28-1dbd-4499-8fc9-9ce576089850Post:79bbba3a-f64a-4251-a738-c16e3332fdc1">Re: NEY board giving me my sanity back...</a>:
    [QUOTE]@rdr716- We rescued both of them, so yes I think they are "pitties" (I like that term!) The white one we hope has some lab in him too so he will get bigger but not sure about that yet.  @cu97tiger- i would LOVE to do that. Definetly on the bucket list :)

<div>Awwww my girl is a pit also! Aren't they awesome dogs?! </div>

• polkadot111polkadot111 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!!

You're welcome to stay long past when your BF proposes! Lots of us on here are engaged/married and just stick around because these ladies are the best.
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome, new kid! I'm happy to see the Sound of Music love on this thread. :) I love that movie. Tiger, I'm mega-jealous that you got to take the tour. I've always wanted to do that.
  • peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    *sigh of relief*

After all the shiit over on that board, I'm really glad to see a sane (or coming back to sane) newb.  It makes me happy.

Welcome.  :)
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome!

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    You ladies are the best! I feel like I need people now and after an engagement to tell me what's up. and I have a strange feeling you ladies are the ones I need in my corner.

kaitlynmichelle, sorry I miss read your post earlier. My favorite HP book is definetly the fourth one. I am not sure who my favorite character is. Maybe Snape, that is a good question... 

My favorite cheese is probably colby. or pepperjack. or goat cheese. or cream cheese even. Basically any type :)

Ok, off to do some HW (yuck) and then bed. Looking forward to a new day tomorrow of being on NEY 
  • lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

NEY also saved me from BSC! And it turns out that Andrew doesn't like my taste in flowers anyways. ::sniff:: Haha...

It's allllwayyys about Harry Potter. What about Twilight. You like?
    If not- do you like sushi?
    If not- do you like chocolate?
    If not- are you human?
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    lol lunarsongbird
    I like twilight but not nearly as good as HP. I feel like in HP the minor characters were really developed throughout the books (look at Neville) but in twilight, the minor characters didnt as much.
    But I read them all and I go to the movies

I do like sushi but my sister says I dont like the "real" stuff. BF just got me started on it around Jan. so I told her to give me some time :) My favorite is Spicy Tuna but I have had a Double spicy tuna- double yey.

I do like chocolate. and caramel. and coffee. I'm having an iced caramel coffee that I made myself right now as we speak- it's delicious.

I am human. :) Last time I checked at least
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards