Virginia
Options

Colors for an Autumn Wedding??

So, after initially setting a date in March of 2010 just five short moths after my fiancée and became engaged, we decided to move it to September or October. Now we have a problem our initial color scheme of greens and yellows doesn't seem appropriate, so what would lokk good? I was thinking pink and orange, but would those colors clash? any advice would be helpful
Photobucket ~Tub Cat the Supermodel~

Re: Colors for an Autumn Wedding??

• Options
    swjb2010swjb2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I personally don't think season really matters in terms of a color scheme. I'm using blues, and purples and silvers for my October wedding, because I happen to love those colors. No one is going to walk into your reception and say, "This is ridiculous! Where are the seasonal colors?" I say, just pick colors you love and go with it.
    image 135 Invited so far!
    image 101 Are ready to party!
    image 34 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    dandan83dandan83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with SWJB. Initally I was iffy about a fall wedding for this reason, but I think if someone walks in and thinks, OMG! Where are the fall colors at this wedding?!!?! they should come up with better things to worry about! ;)

Having said that I think I'm going with Purple and Orange, but I want more of an emphasis on the purple. GL!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image image
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I think it really depends more on the shade of colors. For instance you think about trees, they are usually bright orange, yellows, reds and some are still green.

I found a list of popular fall colors:  rich red, gold, wheat, taupe, burgundy, copper, rust, marigold, wheat, bronze, mocha and sage green

Keep us updated!

May 21st,2011
    "to make you feel my love"
    dreamaandavid.weebly.com/

Photo taken by Bit of Ivory Photography
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Pink and orange look great together, but I would pick whatever colors you really want. Ignore the season. I'm getting married in the summer and we've chosen "fall colors", plum and cranberry.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're trying to get married in September and have picked different shades of purple : ) I don't think you have to incorporate traditional fall colors (red, gold, orange, etc.) just because it's a fall wedding. Do whatever you want!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards