Wedding Woes
Options

Three weeks to go and FI gets a BAD haircut UGH!

So our friend and best man used to be a stylist before his current profession.  He still does hair on the side and has always cut ours for us.  Well usually he does a great job, but today, FI went without me to get his haircut and our friend tells him that he wants to try something new that he thinks will look good for the wedding.  O.M.G.  It is horrendous.  He did a buzz cut all around the bottom and it's short on the top at the back but long in the front and combed to the side.  He looks so...just awful.  Seriously...I can't stand to look at him because I hate it so much.  And under any other cercumstances I wouldn't care because it's his hair and hey, maybe the style will grow on me and if it doesn't, it'll grow out eventually.  No biggie.  But we are 20 days from the wedding and they thought it would be a good idea to try something totally new??  WTF were they thinking?!  And it's so short that other than getting rid of the floppy bit in the front, there's nothing they can do to change it.  I'm so mad I almost feel like crying.  We're going to have wedding pictures that we're supposed to cherish for a lifetime and my FI doesn't even look like himself.  Sorry, I just really needed to vent...I'm so beyond upset.

Re: Three weeks to go and FI gets a BAD haircut UGH!

• Options
    mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    Your fiance could have spoken up and said he'd like to keep things the way they are...  Have him go to someone for a cut a couple of days beforehand to try to make the best of the situation...but since your fiance can't really assert himself when it comes to his hair, you may want to tag along. :)
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Does your FI like it?  Because that's all that really matters.

Three weeks seems like an eternity in man hair time.  Shoot my husband could easily get his cut every 3 wks.
  • Options
    Three weeks?   That's enough time for something to grow out and then he can get it cut the day before or day of the wedding. 

But the haircut you're describing...I have a mental image of it and it's not good.  And I'm of the opinion that you want you AND your spouse-to-be to look your best on the day since it will be captured in pictures forever (and ones you may want to display).  I asked DH to shave his face for our wedding and he asked me to not wear my hair ALL up, but half up because he doesn't like the look of most updo's. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_three-weeks-to-go-and-fi-gets-a-bad-haircut-ugh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:4f040065-2951-47d1-8663-f9dfbab09651Post:5ea94140-dba5-4ea9-a321-4f194f75298c">Re: Three weeks to go and FI gets a BAD haircut UGH!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does your FI like it?  Because that's all that really matters. <strong>Three weeks seems like an eternity in man hair time. </strong> Shoot my husband could easily get his cut every 3 wks<strong>.</strong>
    Posted by 6fsn[/QUOTE]

This.  I have to cut my DH's hair every two weeks.  By week 3 he's got a soft mullet.

I'd have him go get it trimmed/evened-out just before the wedding.  I'm sure everything will be fine.

That is, unless your FI likes his hair this way.  If he likes it, you need to pipe down and let him have his hair the way he wants it.
  • Options
    alikatt17alikatt17 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2013
    DH hasn't had a haircut in two months and he looks like a freaking werewolf.  3 weeks is a long time for a short haircut to grow out. 

Yeah, I really have no problem telling DH he has a stupid haircut and has to change it back. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm gonna need to see a picture.
  • Options
    WzzWzz member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
  • Options
    Wzz: LOL  That really puts it into perspective!!! Thank you!

I hope you're all right about three weeks being more than enough time to grow it out.  He doesn't like it either but he wasn't willing to say anything to his friend...he was hoping after a day or two it would grow on him.  

Admittedly, this morning is looks marginally better.  He styled it himself this time and put a part on the side instead of the whole thing swept to one side...but it still looks pretty bad.  

• Options
    edited March 2013
    @wzz: i was just about to say at least its not marshall's hair
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards