Texas-Houston

Reception location HELP!!

Hello,

I'm looking for a reception location within the Katy area.  We are getting married at our church in Katy and don't want our guests to have to travel across town for the reception. We are looking for a venue that allows you to DIY.  There are several all-inclusive locations in Katy and beautiful Country Clubs however they are all out of our budget.  Any suggestions would be extremely helpful!!!!!! 

Re: Reception location HELP!!

• PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Katy doesn't really have much to offer. Are you willing to go closer to Houston?
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• lilmisstexlilmisstex member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Im not sure how far you are willing to drive but there is a place called Memorial West Community Center at the corner of Kirkwood & Memorial Dr that my fiance and I had looked at. It would be a straight easy shot down I10 from Katy for your guests.  I think it was only going to cost like $350 to rent it.  We are getting married at the United Methodist Church on Memorial Dr and we looked at the Memorial West Community Center since it is super close to the church but we decided against it since it didnt fit what we wanted.   I dont know if Im allowed to post links or not so I wont but the web address is memorialwestclub.

• edited December 2011
    There is Always and Forever off Park Row just south of Fry. Tuscany Villa off 1493, just 3.3 miles south of I10. Houston Farm & Ranch Club off Hwy 6, just north of I10. Maybe also consider having a tent reception at a nice park. I know there are tons more locations in Richmond, so depending on where your church is, depends on considering those locations as well. Also think of community centers. I know Harris County does not have any community centers in Katy, except Mary Jo Peckham Park, but there really is not a place to host a nice reception there. Check Fort Bend and Waller counties, and even the City of Katy.

Oh, there is also the Cottage Charm in downtown Katy. I know it is for sale right now, and my neighbor is actually in the process of buying it, and I know she'll keep it as a wedding facility.
  • edited December 2011
    you could look into the brookwood community area... they've recently built a chapel, and i've heard the whole area is beautiful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards