Favors
Options

canned favors vs. chocolate

just an observation. i went to a good friend's wedding last weekend. they are into cooking so they gave out small homemade jars of hot sauce and chutney. when we were at the table most people were trying to trade to get the hot sauce. but as well at the end of the night there were a lot of jars that weren't taken. i mean either people forgot or didn't want them. though they also left a box of mint chocolates on each table for people to help themselves. by the end of the night all the chocolate from every table was eaten. so it looked like from the 2 "favors" the chocolate was the clear winner even though i know it took them a really long time to make, can and label their sauces. just something to think about for people that are thinking about making homemade canned stuff.

Re: canned favors vs. chocolate

• Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think favors that are easily consumed or easily slipped into a pocket or purse are going to be most successful.  Bottles and jars are bulky and breakable, so OOT guests might not take them.  Also, candies are more generally likeable, but not everyone loves chutney or hot sauce.
  • Options
    CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with mica.  I honestly really don't even know what chutney is.  I might take it and give it away or something, but if I had the choice I would take either the hot sauce or the chocolate.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options
    lexandfablexandfab member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chocolate or candy that people can snack on right at the table always seem to be the most popular, I know I always get excited! Although I do love a good chutney and would have taken that too. Yum!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So are you saying that JAM would be a bad choice?  Seeing as how it is canned and all.  
  • Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Personally, I wasn't into spending a lot of time on favors, most because, in my experience, regardless of what the favor is, they will not all be taken home.

That said, if someone WANTS to spend a lot of time making something that has special meaning for them, and THEY will get enjoyment out of it, I see no reason to discourage that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards