Florida-Central Florida

ceremony/reception venues???

I am looking for affordable ceremony/reception venues (I am hoping for no more than $2000 rental fee for both -- $1500 would be even better!!).  My fiance is a photographer and swears by many of the B&Bs in the area because they have produced many of his most beautiful pictures. The only issue is that I have assisted him at weddings at these kinds of venues more than once where it rained and there really wasn't a suitable place for all the guests to go, so that makes me very hesitant.  

Any suggestions for places that are both nice and affordable and have an indoor rain location??

~Jennifer

Re: ceremony/reception venues???

• edited December 2011
    Hi Jennifer, welcome! Can you tell us a little more about your wedding? Guest count and style/vibe would help. Off the top of my head, the only place I can think of that would hold just about any size wedding indoors and out would be Lake Mary Events Centre. It's pretty! GL :)
  • edited December 2011
    Try the Rachel D. Murrah Civic Center in Winter Park.  It's owned by the city so shouldn't be too expensive.  It has beautiful terraces overlooking a lake and a ballroom that will hold quite a few people.
  • jmucheech21jmucheech21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am looking at about 150 guests with a $15,000 budget.. of course the more I look, the more worried I am this won't be possible!!  I don't really have many feelings on the style or vibe yet.. something nice, but not stuffy.  Thanks for any suggestions and I'll check out those places!!!  =)
  • edited December 2011
    I think that is perfectly possible. We are thinking we will have around 130 people and our budget is about 13,000-14,000, including the rings and honeymoon. We are having our wedding at the Lake Mary Events Center (the place Alyssa mentioned) and our caterer is John Michaels. You just have to be smart with what you spend your money on. It is definitely doable.  :)
  • Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Highland Manor in Apopka. They have a gorgeous old mansion and beautiful grounds.    www.highlandmanorapopka.com
  • edited December 2011
    A little further down from Highland Manor is The Lakeside Inn located in Mount Dora :). FI and I are having our ceremony outside and reception inside there. Lisa is very accommodating and she will work with any budget! To book the locations (ceremony & reception sites) I think was about $2000. And with food and all that together we'll be spending about $5500-$6000 which is WAYYYY better in price than the other places we looked at. Hope that helps! :D Good luck!
  • kenzie.lee.85kenzie.lee.85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having our wedding at Highland Manor and I liked it bc of the backup. Everywhere we looked the backup was kind of a dissapointment but I loved the chapel so I don't really care if it rains. That and the food is absolutely amazing! I recommend going to their restaurant to try it, the sea scallops and grits are quite yummy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jmucheech21jmucheech21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!!!  We live in Mt Dora, so we'll definitely check out the Apopka and Mt Dora location!!!  =)  I have heard of the one in winter park as well, so I'll check that out, thanks!!  =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards