Second Weddings

im new, thought id introduce myself...

my name is becca. i have 3 kiddos, and a soon to be step son. i am getting married to my fiance on october 24th. this will be my second marriage.
Photobucket BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker

Re: im new, thought id introduce myself...

• LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Becca.  This is a great board - welcome!
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome becca and congrats on your engagement. Tell us about your plans!
  • edited December 2011
    thank you for the warm welcome!!!
    well my plans are coming together very nicely. i have the wedding site, which will be at a lake in luray, va (near the luray caverns!)
    the minister will be my uncle. my best friend will be doing my photography, my younger brother will be the dj (we cant afford alot as you can tell). my older brother will use my camera. my mom is making the cake, my soon to be mother in law will behelping me cater. 
    my two daughters will be the flower girls, and my son and soon to be step son wil be the ring bearers. 
    i have the std and invites and responses done,  i have the party favors in the works, and working on the plate ware etc. i am doing alot of fiy stuff...including water bottles lol.
    so far with 6 months left to go i am getting alot done! i dont have my dress though and im debating what i want to do...maybe an ivory bridesmaid dress....i need to save up for it first.
    Photobucket BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds like it will be a great event and you have everyone helping and working together. Let us know what you decide on the gown.
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome Becca! This is a great board.

If you need any suggestions on dress websites, just ask. If you are looking at stores, think "destination wedding dresses", or as you said, perhaps an ivory bridesmaid dress which is similar.

There's a great store chain called Group USA that sells bridal attire. This link here will show you the locations, in case there is one near you

http://www.groupusa.com/c-fs100.cfm

You can also shop online. Their prices are reasonable and their dresses are lovely. Their prices start at $300 for brides, but this is their sale page:

http://www.groupusa.com/c-prodsub.cfm?&gid=48&cid=2&obp=0&viewall=1

Many of these state they are in-store purchase only.

Good luck.
  • AdelphiTNAdelphiTN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also on dresses, David's bridal has a group called "Little White Dresses" - sometimes hard to find online. They are generally tea length or shorter wedding dresses. some are very cute. Shockingly i bought mine online during the $99 sale (which i always saw advertised and thought was bogus!).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards