Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh Golf Course

Hi!

I am still on a search for the perfect reception site!  Can anyone tell me anythign about the Pittsburgh Golf Club?  I just came across it tonight and am thinking it's odd that I haven't heard anything about it until now, but it looks very pretty.  Any information would be helpful.

Thanks so much!

Re: Pittsburgh Golf Course

• phillychica85phillychica85 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HI,
    I am actually having my reception there in three weeks. Even though I attended undergrad right nearby I had never heard of it either but both FI and I fell in love with it when we toured it. Minus a minor bump or two in the planning process (last winter the director of events who we had booked with left for another job, etc), it has been a great experience. I'm about to head off to work and unfortunately am not able to be online there but I'd be happy to write more later tonight if you're interested.
    HTH!
    Julie
    My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011
  • edited December 2011

Admittedly, I've never seen the Pittsburgh Golf Course (I think I emailed them a while back, but never received a response...), but if you're interested in the golf couse look/feel, have you considered Edgewood Country Club, too? We've selected it as our venue and it really is a pretty place and pricing is very reasonable.  I've heard nothing but good things about working with them. We're just getting started in the process, so I'm banking on other Knotties' reviews!

Good luck!

• moslimosli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the Pittsburgh Golf Club is my venue! its very lovely and the events lady there is really nice (and patient - i bombard her with questions every week and she always answers with good humor). i'll admit, its not cheap, but for the elegant feeling we wanted, it was comparable to other places we were looking at. 
  • cathrynlehmancathrynlehman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys!  Julie - I would love to hear more about it.  It's so hard to find information about it on the internet!  Is there a secret to finding a website for it?  I initially found it while on a photographer's website, which had a link to the PGC. When I tried to use that same web address later, it had timed out. 

Thanks so much!
    Cathryn
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I remember the answer to this one because it has come up before!  The website is:

www.thepittsburghgolfclub.com

They don't make it easy to find!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • moslimosli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cathryn -
    i PMed you the PGC website
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards