September 2012 Weddings

Help with Workout Music

Alright, so I realized I've never put together a nice playlist of good workout music, and with the upcoming push to lose weight, I think its a good time to! 

I have various musical tastes, here are 3 very different songs that I do have on my ipod right now to give you an idea: 

Luke Bryan - Country Girl (Shake it for me)
Pink - Raise Your Glass 
GNR - Welcome to the Jungle

What songs do you girls suggest? I would like to have a nice long play list of music to get me going :) 

Re: Help with Workout Music

• Anything Eminem or Missy Elliot gets me moving... although when I'm not working out I hate that music and listen solely to country haha :)
    0403_0929W BabyFruit Ticker
  • The band Bayside always gets me pumped. I play them a LOT when cleaning.  FI hates it. He is a total country boy, so anything else he calls "hip hop" whether it's rock or pop.  I usually tell him to go have a beer with his buddies when I want to do some serious loud music cleaning.
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • Well its totally NOT county but a song I love to run to Don't Stop Dancin Girl by Kaskade. The lyrics keep me motivated ;) a country song on my workout playlist is It Ain't Killed Me Yet by Eric Church. Hope this helped even a little.... lol
    September 2012: May Sig
    Honeymoon Location: Punta Cana, DR
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Maybe you could put one song into pandora and see what else pops up?!
    0403_0929W BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_workout-music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:aa2a0483-6f18-4200-9c21-96bcfe570898Post:4f7b3fed-6c5d-4c12-8f87-adf34c26640f">Re: Help with Workout Music</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe you could put one song into pandora and see what else pops up?!
    Posted by jparli[/QUOTE]

Good idea!  I use Pandora so much anymore- it's an awesome invention. 
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Rihanna -"Please don't stop the music" always gets me moving!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks guys, my playlist is growing! I have never used Pandora before... dont even know where to begin lol
  • Cowboy Casanova
    Man! I feel like a woman! 
    Save a horse ride a cowboy
    Chattahoochie
    Watermelon Crawl
    International Harvester
    Honkie Tonk Badonkadonk
    Ain't goin' down til the suncomes up
    Callin' Baton Rouge
    She's Country
    Firecracker

I'm not a country fan or anything :)
    I could suggest others but I ran with the country theme for a bit!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_workout-music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:aa2a0483-6f18-4200-9c21-96bcfe570898Post:03515de5-1585-4e32-af63-e031ee110c97">Re: Help with Workout Music</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rihanna -"Please don't stop the music" always gets me moving!
    Posted by npott044[/QUOTE]

<div>Pretty much anything Rhianna gets me going :) David Guetta's mixes are awesome too. There's one song from the Blade Soundtrack that pumps me up hard core.</div><div>"Stronger" by Kanye puts me in workout mode and so do "angry" songs - I get my Grrr face on lol</div><div>When I'm going for a long run I like more thought provoking music; I've cried many times during a run :P</div>
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Dirt Road Anthem (remix) - Jason Aldean ft. Ludacris Boondocks - Little Big Town Beer in Mexico - Kenny Chesney Up on the Ridge - Dierks Bentley What Was I Thinkin' - Dierks Bentley How Am I Doin' - Dierks Bentley Rock This Party (Everybody Dance Now) - Bob Sinclair We No Speak Americao - Yolanda Be Cool & Dcup Stayin' Alive (Long Version) - N-Trance Call On Me (Radio Edit) - Eric Prydz Calabria 2007 (Club Mix) - Enur Jump - Flo Rida ft. Nelly Furtado Walk - Foo Fighters
    Anniversary
  • adktd2bootsadktd2boots member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you can figure out how to add people, you can add me.  It's adktd2boots on there too.  I have quite a few different lists.  I just opened it to check my username and FI said "What the F***" because it was Flyleaf.  NOT his style at all :)

ETA:  Yes, I know I am cheesy and have Hannah Montana radio right next to Pitbull.
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_workout-music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:aa2a0483-6f18-4200-9c21-96bcfe570898Post:123f4ad0-c6cb-47dc-8b2f-6ed55b0d62a5">Re: Help with Workout Music</a>:
    [QUOTE]The band <strong>Bayside</strong> always gets me pumped. I play them a LOT when cleaning.  FI hates it. He is a total country boy, so anything else he calls "hip hop" whether it's rock or pop.  I usually tell him to go have a beer with his buddies when I want to do some serious loud music cleaning.
    Posted by adktd2boots[/QUOTE]

<div>I just saw them in concert last night :-D</div>
    Anniversary
  • Have you ever heard fo dubstep? it's pretty awesome. Check this out. Jacqui posted it on her pinterest, but I like dubstep anyways so... =p

• BMcLeodTeamBMcLeodTeam member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I just went on a mad spree of adding to my playlists :) Thanks for the suggestions everyone!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards