Second Weddings

Intro and some Questions?

Hello everyone, new to this board and first would like to say that this isn't a second wedding for me. My husband and I want to do a vow renewal and I am in the same boat as some others, I wish they had a vow renewal board!

I am mostly looking for what is acceptable to do for a vow renewal and what ins't? Here is a little bit about what I'd like to do and my ideas, any opinions/comments are welcome! I need help here.

We plan to do the vow renewal at our 7 year, which will be Oct. 2013. We have two children who are 3 1/2 and 2 and want to include them in some way, we will be inviting only close friends and family (we are talking less than 30 people here), I do not want the big dress (did that already) but I don't know if I want it to be a different color than white or ivory - is that okay?
The renewal itself would be short, simple, sweet (most likely 10 min or less) and wondering if it would be alright for a family member to initiate this? I don't see the point of hiring the man who married us in the first place? Not really sure?

We plan to have the ceremony later in the evening with heavy appetizers, drinks & cake, dancing, I assume this is alright?

Also is it okay to hire a photographer and videographer to capture the day?? We have beautiful pictures of our wedding, but not a video and I have regretted that. I love watching my sisters weddings with my father, who passed when I was 10, in it to remember him. I really would like a videographer for this purpose for my children, as well as myself, to look back on as the years pass.

Thank you all for your help! Sorry it was so long Undecided

Re: Intro and some Questions?

• leahkateleahkate member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    If you are planning a vow renewal that's over 2 years away, why not just wait until 10 years? Or do it this October at 5 years?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards