Colorado

Boulder Recommendations

The BF and I are officially official!  Its been secret for a month, we picked the ring together, but he finally proposed on Friday, and we told our family/friends on Saturday!  However, we want to get married summer 2011, and we know venues go quick.  I've found that not "setting a date" and being flexible has turned out fairly well so far.  Every venue we've called has at least one Saturday open in June.  We are from Boulder, love Boulder, and want to get married there.  FI looked at 63rd St Farms today.  We are seeing Pastures of Plenty and Lonehawk Farms on Saturday.

Does anyone have recommendations for Boulder venues, or a shout out for other Boulder vendors?  I've asked on this forum before, but I wasn't so specific as to say ONLY Boulder.

Re: Boulder Recommendations

• samantha bucksamantha buck member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on getting engaged!!! that is super exciting!! I know someone that got married at folsom field which was really neat! It sounds as though you would like it to be outside? 

My FI and I grew up in nederland so we are getting married in my family friends huge meadow that overlooks the divide. on June 25th! So that being said I haven't really had a chance to look at venues. BUT I will throw out some thoughts: folsom field, the boulder hotel on pearl st, a park near the flatirons, st julian on canyon blvd. I hope that helps. Their is a colorado venues type magazine I have found it at the borders on 29th st mall, just a thought.  GL : )
  • samantha bucksamantha buck member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ok so im a dork... I just read ur other post and none of my ideas match what you are looking for so Im sorry! : (
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know what your budget is like, so these may be out of your price range, but the Hotel Boulderado does weddings. Also the Rembrandt Yard, which is beautiful and has a nice view of the city from the reception room (there are glass walls). (I am a photographer and I shot a wedding there last May that was absolutely gorgeous.) If you are looking for something outdoors, the Flagstaff amphitheater overlooks all of Boulder. 
    Also, I recommend Tee & Cakes for the cake or cupcakes. They have amazing flavors and variety. 
    Here are some links, although I'm not really sure how to reserve the amphitheater; you probably would contact Boulder Parks and Recreation. 
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! I'm from Boulder too. So I will let you know what we come up with:)
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." -Marilyn Monroe
  • lzapkowslzapkows member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engagement! We chose Chautauqua Park in Boulder for our ceremony and reception for an October wedding this year. We loved the view of the flatirons and that our out-of-town guests can all stay on site.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards