Florida-West Coast

Newbie Question on Reception Site Fees

Hi again,

I've got about two weeks until I visit Florida to start checking out venues. Im trying to narrow my LONG list down before I go.  Most vendor's websites list their Menu options and pricing and some list their fees for having a Wedding Ceremony.  I am not seeing information as far as costs to actually reserve a recption site.  Im wondering if thats because the cost is usually covered by the food/beverage minimums?  Anyone with experience know?  Im finding so many nice places with reasonable menu prices, but Im afraid once I visit, I will find out it costs another 2k to rent out the space. 

Looks as if the price for most of the beach venues run about 80-100pp. for food and open bar.  Is this the average I should expect?  I'd REALLY love it if I could keep the costs at around 7k for 75 people, service charge and tax included! 

Re: Newbie Question on Reception Site Fees

• edited December 2011
    We are getting married at The Sirata (on St Pete Beach) and are paying a fee for the ceremony on the beach (plus service charge & tax) in addition to the cost of the reception.  They don't have a cost to rent the ballroom we are using but they do have a minimum for food/drink for each of their ballrooms.  If you want to keep cost down, Friday & Sunday weddings are cheaper than a Saturday wedding and don't book in the prime FL months (March, April, May, November) and have the recepiton earlier in the day with heavy hors d'ouvers (sp?) instead of a plated dinner. 

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Some places do charge and some don't, it really depends. Also, you can always email locations NOW and ask for rates and see who includes what and who doesn't before you get here and waste your time? I think for your budget, maybe check out Rusty Pelican..it's not on the beach but off the water and there price pp is really decent...Like Lynns said, prime months are right. I didn't see any HUGE differences between what day we chose (I think more vendors are wise to that now and don't have cheaper rates for diff days)...Good Luck!

Nichole
    My Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Hey there,

You've got it. No charge for most places. The ceremony site costs and the reception typically = your beverage/food costs plus service fee and tax.

We're planning our wedding in St Pete Beach from Chicago, so if you're looking for a destination bride who totally feels where you're coming from, you've got one in me! Feel free to write any time! Good luck and enjoy -- we love the west coast of FL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Also, your costs seem reasonable, and if you want to get them down, do the wedding in off-season, do it on a Sunday or Sunday evening, or just try to negotiate.:)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • mfragomenimfragomeni member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the responses! Of course... I'm considering a peak month. :-/ I don't want it to be too hot for my guests nor do I want a rainy month. I'll be going down this weekend to check out the following venues; Little Harbor Resort Tradewinds Grand plaza Doubletree in Redington Beach The Sandbar restaurant The beachhouse restaurant
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards