September 2013 Weddings
Options

TMI Tuesday

Sorry for the delay, ladies -- busy morning.

Today's TMI: Finish this sentence...

The thing that has been most annoying/dreadful/not fun about wedding planning is _______.
 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: TMI Tuesday

• Options
    The thing that has been most annoying/dreadful/not fun about wedding planning is the thought of getting everyone's addresses and then keeping track of it all.

Im sure there are others but im dreading that for some reason lol
    ***February Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon Destination - Punta Cana!*** Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    That's easy.  Being too poor to do all the things I dreamed of doing for our wedding.  No photo booth.  No videographer.  Budget photographer.  But we're doing the best we can with what we have and the only thing that matters in the end is that we're married.  :-) 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_tmi-tuesday-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:c7093539-6f4f-4370-919b-3d57b450d93bPost:c871c4b1-9055-4b10-8551-bdd9bac450c0">Re: TMI Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's easy.  Being too poor to do all the things I dreamed of doing for our wedding.  No photo booth.  No videographer.  Budget photographer.  But we're doing the best we can with what we have and the only thing that matters in the end is that we're married.  :-) 
    Posted by GoofyAssChick[/QUOTE]

Amen.  Although as far as photobooths go, have you seen the DIY ones on pinterest?  My friend just did it at her wedding with an iPad!

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We have a pretty tight budget with a little wiggle room for this wedding so we can still comfortably live, but I absolutely HATE feeling bad about spending extra money.  I'm not a big spender as it is, but I don't like second guessing buying a $10.00 shirt from Target.  And I've noticed that I count it by 100's.  Like I got a speeding ticket the other day (first in years...boo) and it was $120.00 and all I keep thinking is "damn...that could have paid for somebody at the wedding"

Eh...practice for married life and parenthood lol. 

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The thing that has been most annoying/dreadful/not fun about wedding planning is _______.

The budget thing doesn't freak me out as much as it should.  We're lucky in that our parents are helping and we figured out what we could afford pretty early on.  We've come in under-budget with the majority of our planning so I feel ahead of the game in that sense.

What does freak me out is the guest list.  We can only have so many people because it's a boat.  The number seemed great when we booked it, but now my parents want to add a bunch of people and it's stressing me out.  I didn't realize my dad wanted so many people there.  Both my FI and me don't like being the center of attention so we wanted something small with people we care about.  I know these people are important to my dad, but I've never met most of them and his guest list alone (not counting family) is over 50 people.  He has to scale back, but it's going to be a weird conversation to have.
  • Options
    Worst thing is feeling pressure/uncertianty around who to include on the guest list and for my shower.  There's lots of people I am friendly with, especially at work- and sometimes those relationships feel close, and sometimes they don't.  Also, I want a small shower, and I think traditionally the shower guest list focuses on the bride's side (I would of course invite FMIL and FSIL), but FI feels I should invite his aunts and cousins, too (which would add about 20 ppl to the list).  So hard to know what to do, and if I'll regret any decisions later!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The thing that's been most annoying to me is not knowing what the h I'm doing.  Mostly relying heavily on the Knot and such to get me through this.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_tmi-tuesday-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:c7093539-6f4f-4370-919b-3d57b450d93bPost:c871c4b1-9055-4b10-8551-bdd9bac450c0">Re: TMI Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's easy.  Being too poor to do all the things I dreamed of doing for our wedding.  No photo booth.  No videographer.  Budget photographer.  But we're doing the best we can with what we have and the only thing that matters in the end is that we're married.  :-) 
    Posted by GoofyAssChick[/QUOTE]

<div>Words out of my mouth. Between student loans, the mortgage, and saving for this wedding sometimes I feel like my head is going to explode. And we're not even spending all that much on the wedding!</div>
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
        Ohhhh man seems like alot of us are on the same boat with money for the wedding. between rent, house billls, school loans and credit cards its pretty hard to save alot for the wedding but as one of you girls stated above we are doing the best we can =) I'm hoping we are able to put the deposit down for the photographer either this upcoming paycheck or the one right after. We aren't going for the big expensive wedding package as much as I would love to but I'm just being realistic and going with what we can afford.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    The Thing that has been most annonying or frustrating about planning a wedding so far has been others peoples opinions in the most rude ways when no ones asked. For example, how much was your ring?, how much is your wedding costing?, well if I were you... blahblah. These 90% of the time are people not even invited... Grrr!!
  • Options

That would be the guest list!!! My parents are divorced so this guest list keeps getting out of hand then I have to tell them you have to cut people! And they don't want to!
  • Options

One word.  MONEY!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Most dreadful is my parents not being at all these events. I'm happy my dad is alive but it hurts my heart because he is still in Mn getting well and I just want my parents especially my daddy home. He's the most stylish man I kno. And I need his advice! And now I'm crying. Wahh!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I suppose it would be getting unsolicited opinions from randoms.  I'm sick of hearing "at my wedding" or "you should"...I don't care.  I don't even talk about the wedding, specifically because I get annoyed by these conversations, but someone is always offering.

And the next person to tell me to have a honeymoon registry is going to get slapped.  I don't care if so-and-so has one, or even take a hard etiquette stance on it, but we don't want one.  Case closed.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_tmi-tuesday-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:c7093539-6f4f-4370-919b-3d57b450d93bPost:aa570b02-b191-479d-8d9b-52b9fad827ad">Re: TMI Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]The thing that has been most annoying/dreadful/not fun about wedding planning is _______. I<strong> suppose it would be getting unsolicited opinions from randoms.  I'm sick of hearing "at my wedding" or "you should"...I don't care.  I don't even talk about the wedding, specifically because I get annoyed by these conversations, but someone is always offering</strong>. And the next person to tell me to have a honeymoon registry is going to get slapped.  I don't care if so-and-so has one, or even take a hard etiquette stance on it, but we don't want one.  Case closed.
    Posted by TayBeach2013[/QUOTE]

ALL of this!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards