Favors
Options

Chocolate Truffles

Hello Ladies,

I have been a complete and total basket case with chosing our favors.  My first plan was chocolate truffles, but then thought it would be a nice touch to bake mini rum cakes and chocolate chambord cakes for our guest.  I have completely run out of freezer space and I have to scrap that idea.  Which leads me back to plan A..

For those of you who have done this, could you please share your vendor info?  I found Dan's Chocolates online, and the flavors and prices look great, but I have no idea what they taste like.

TIA!

Re: Chocolate Truffles

• Options
    twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try posting on your local to find out shops in your area, arv. Then you could go ahead and do a tasting, etc.

I do know that Godiva does wedding orders, and, of course, they do a wonderful job!
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    wegsmomwegsmom member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Chocolate Heaven (Pier 39 in San Francisco) has truffles that are amazing!
  • Options
    Maggie214624Maggie214624 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing Godiva, but rather than the pre-packaged wedding favors we got the assorted bag of truffles to save some money.  We boxed and labeled them ourselves.  I believe they have 20% off right now.  HTH!

http://www.godiva.com/product/godiva-gems-assortment-bag/id/2411.gdv?SE_Section=Shop&SE_Category=167&lastCat=167
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    kimp67kimp67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing truffles, but are going with a local candy maker.  Check the yellow pages in your phone book.  Not only are we getting a decent deal, we were able to stop by to taste some & they'll be made fresh.  Plus (a big bonus)we're dropping off our favor boxes & they are even going to put the boxes together & package them for us at no additional cost!!  SCORE!!! (& we're supporting a local business)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    melissamc2melissamc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing Godiva for one of our favours.  You can't go wrong with Godiva.
    10-10-10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I work for Oldenapleschocolate.com   We do soo many wedding favors, and you can pick different types of molds/shapes and such, check it out... I'm planning on using it for my wedding
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards