Maryland-Baltimore

Carnival Pride?

Anyone ever get married or been to a wedding in the Pride in Baltimore? Trying to decide if we want to get married before ship sails, or on one of the destinations...
Thanks for any insight! :-)

Re: Carnival Pride?

• I'm getting married on the Carnival Pride, on embarkation day next year. The reason we choose embarkation day is because we have older relatives who really wanted to come to our wedding but can't travel due to medical reasons. We also have guests who would not be able to make it to the wedding had we did one of the destination weddings. Also, personally I wanted to relax and enjoy the entire cruise and not have to worry about last minute issues related to the big day. We wanted to get married and have the rest of the week long cruise to celebrate and enjoy the honeymoon.

I think if you're ok with having a smaller, intimate wedding you should definitely get married while in one of the ports, also there will be less time restrictions when it comes to your reception. We wont have alot of time since the non-sailing wedding guests have to be off the ship before it sails. To me that's the only set back with doing an embarkation day wedding.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I became engaged while on the Carnival Pride about a month ago, but also ran into a few newly married couples while on the cruise. One had a big wedding in their home state and went on the cruise for just the honeymoon. Another was married on the ship and said it was nice. The only thing I would suggest you consider is that if you decide to have the ceremony in one of the ports, the actual time you get to spend in port is VERY short. We went to 3 stops - Grand Turk, Freeport, and Half Moon Cay. The time listed on the itinerary for GT was 9-3, but by the time you got off the ship it was closer to 1030, and then you had to go back to the ship by 130 so it could leave by 3. Even the longest stop at Half Moon Cay (which is owned by Carnival) was very short......it took an hour each way to be ferried to and from the island. They "suggested" you start ferrying back to the ship before 2, even though the ship didn't leave until 5. And while they are pretty efficient and quick throughout the embarkation and debarkation, there's no getting around the other thousand people doing the same thing as you, and you'll have to wait in lines. Maybe it would be different for other port destinations, but I would definitely factor in the time it takes to get on and off the ship when thinking of doing a ceremony in a port. Hope this helps ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards