Michigan-Detroit
Options

Outdoor Photo Locations near Dearborn

I need some suggestions for outdoor photo locations in the Dearborn area. My brain is fried and I can't think of any places around that area. We will be taking some pictures at Greenfield Village since that is where our reception is at, but due to it being decorated in Hall-o-Weekends getup it wouldn't be the ideal outdoor location for me.

TIA

Re: Outdoor Photo Locations near Dearborn

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The grounds of The Henry Ford Estate are gorgeous, they would be a great place to take outdoor pictures.
  • Options
    japow1984japow1984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I threw around the idea of a few pictures in front of the fountain at Henry Ford Centennial library. Also, I was thinking about scoping out Ford Field park to see if there would be any good spots in there. I know they have a few bridges. One that leads to a pretty wooded area. Those were just a few of my ideas for our wedding day! HTH.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    HiggyFan42HiggyFan42 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is sort of off topic but...

We got married at the Henry Ford Museum last October.  I was SO excited to get a pic of DH and I in front of the clock tower entrance.  Wouldn't you know they had put an orange insert with a freakin black halloween cat into the clock face?!  So, we have this gorgeous pic of us, with a darn halloween cat in the clock tower... I still look at my wedding album and get annoyed by that pic.... someday I will learn to laugh about it.  :P 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! Yeah we are getting married at Lovett Hall and I know that the village and everything will be decorated for Halloween so that kind of elimates most of the places around there. Henry Ford estates is booked for that day so we can't go there, but I will check out the library and near Ford Field. I should probably just take a day and drive all over Dearborn.....
  • Options
    sasha213swsasha213sw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

There is a bike path that goes by U of M Dearborn and by Henry Ford Community College that is pretty nice. It has a couple of bridges (granted they are a bit bigger than the bridges at Ford Field) and the path leads through some wooded areas that might be nice for pics. I know by Henry Ford Community College there is a community garden that has some pretty flowers and might be nice too.

I would def. check out the Henry Ford Estate though, some of our friends got their wedding pics done there and it was beautiful!

image 223 Invited
    image 127 Wouldn't miss it
    image 64 Passed on the fun
    image 32 Still undecided
    RSVP Date: August 1, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards