Ohio-Toledo

Suggestions for Reception facility near Elmore,OH!

Hey everyone!

So after visiting several ceremony venues, we have chosen to have an outdoor wedding at Schedel Gardens in Elmore, OH. It is beautiful! However, they do not have an indoor space big enough for all of our guests! We are looking to have 250-300ppl for the reception. We are trying to keep guests in mind and not have them drive too far from ceremony to the reception. Most of our family is from Fremont area. Any suggestions would be great!

Re: Suggestions for Reception facility near Elmore,OH!

• edited December 2011
    What about Ole Zim's off of 20?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • skashley75skashley75 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Or Carolyns Catering has a hall off 51 in Millbury...
    There is also Sunrise Park off 51 in Millbury... it has a hall I think
  • edited December 2011
    Could you rent a tent and have the reception there also?  I was at a wedding/reception there this summer and and it was beautiful!
  • cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_suggestions-reception-facility-near-elmoreoh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:43e4c14f-fcbf-486e-b150-a0fbab2ebb04Post:ff032648-5128-4be6-ba26-7c3d376b609f">Re: Suggestions for Reception facility near Elmore,OH!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Could you rent a tent and have the reception there also?  I was at a wedding/reception there this summer and and it was beautiful!
    Posted by tbilek120[/QUOTE]

I don't really know anything about this location and if this is even allowed. 

I just wanted to add that this route can get VERY pricey when you consider the cost to rent EVERYTHING- tables, chairs, linens, dishes, glasses, silverware, bar set up, heaters if it is cold/fans if it's hot, etc.  In addition, there can be some logistical issues too.  Keeping food/drinks the appropriate temperature, having power for everything that needs it, bathrooms, and creating a dance floor are just some of the issues you need to address.  While a tent keeps the rain out for that night, you better hope that it hasn't rained a lot in the days leading up to your event or you'll have soft muddy ground that table legs and high heels will just sink in to. 

That's not to say that having a tented reception isn't a good idea.  It can be a beautiful and unique option.  These are just some of the many complications that will need to be addressed, and that is more than I would have been willing to deal with.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Just had a reception at the Clarion in Fremont by the turnpike, it turned out awesome and is only a 15 min. drive from schedel... which is where I had the ceremony :-)  You can check out my vendor review post for pics if you would like
  • jesslca113jesslca113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ole Zims!  They are fantastic!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • skashley75skashley75 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Millbury Fire Hall?
    Not sure how many people it hold - but it can be decorated really nicel
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board