Ohio-Columbus

How far in advance for florist?

How far in advance do I need to book a florist? And does anyone have any recommendations on Florists that aren't super expensive?  Thanks!  My wedding is in July.

Re: How far in advance for florist?

• edited December 2011
    We booked our florist about 8 months out. Although I didn't use them, I really liked the Hilliard Florist. I have also heard good things about Flowers on Springtree Lane. You might also try looking at some of the married ladies' bios as a lot of them do vendor reviews. We used the London Florist but our wedding was about 40 min west of Columbus.
  • edited December 2011
    We booked ours over a year out because I wanted to make sure that I could have my choice and get the cheapest one.  Usually the cheaper ones book the quickest, so it is never too early to look!  I am using Flowers on Springtree Lane.  I met with about 5 or 6 different florists, and they were BY FAR the cheapest of all the ones I talked to.  They are also really nice ladies.  They work from their home, so they only do 2 weddings per day, so I would try to contact them as soon as possible if you are interested!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 323 Made the List!
    image 114 Are ready to Dance!
    image 12 Can't make it!
    image 197 Forgot how to use Snail Mail!
  • edited December 2011
    I booked mine about 8 months in advance just to ensure I had everything set up.  I found a girl named Rose who is just graduating from floral design school.  She has experience working with a florist in Grove City and really seems to know what she is talking about.  I was a little nervous at first since she is new but after meeting with her I really really like her.  She even asked if I wanted to go flower shopping with her so that I could see all the flowers and check out the prices of different flowers.  She is only charging 40% the cost of the flowers whereas most florists charge 70-75%.  She also gave me ideas for centerpieces that didnt involve flowers so that I could get my price even lower.  Give her a call...doesn't hurt to meet with her 625-2821.
  • sep72fendrsep72fendr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked mine about 10 months out. I wanted to make sure that I got the florist I wanted who would be able to deliver everything that I wanted and then some. :-)
    I iz not Bridezilla.imageI iz Veloceraptor!

FOR SALE!!.

• jmk2127jmk2127 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies for the suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards