Massachusetts-Boston

Venues south of Boston

Hello,
I am a newbie. Got engaged 12/12/09. Yay!!! We are planning on getting married in April 2011 so that we can save up to pay for the wedding.

I looked at a couple of locations this past weekend (Lombardos & Lantana - both in Randolph). I liked the package Lantana has to offer but I was wondering if anyone knows of reasonably priced ($45 - $75 per guest) venues south of Boston or close to Boston.

Any help you can provide will be most appreciated. We both live in the DC area but the wedding will be in MA which is where I grew up so we want to make good use of our trips to MA. Thanks in advance.
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Venues south of Boston

• edited December 2011
    Congrats!!!

You can try Christina's in Foxboro, Easton Country Club, Canoe Club in Bridgewater, Four Points in Norwood, Spring Valley CC in Sharon...Just a couple off the top of my head.  There are a bunch more. 
  • edited December 2011
    One more...Tirrell Room in Quincy...
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome. Thanks FtMrskram!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    How about the Saphire Estate in Sharon? or Lake View Pavilion in Foxboro? or maybe Lake Pearl in Wrentham? Congratulations on your engagement! Welcome and Happy Planning!!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome to the boards!

If you're interested in the Scituate/Cohasset area, there's Barker Tavern in Scituate, Red Lion Inn in Cohasset and Atlantica in Cohasset.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_venues-south-of-boston?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:748d3673-96cd-414a-b3a0-0c74ca0c7c0aPost:d9a90e3a-b153-47aa-9fa4-65149f7b65ab">Re: Venues south of Boston</a>:
    [QUOTE]How about the Saphire Estate in Sharon? or Lake View Pavilion in Foxboro? or maybe Lake Pearl in Wrentham? Congratulations on your engagement! Welcome and Happy Planning!!! :)
    Posted by jonnysbride2010[/QUOTE]

I think these would be slightly out of her budget, but you could always try...
  • spizlett410spizlett410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could also try Independence Harbor in Assonet, MA.  It's right off 24, but maybe a little more south than your looking for.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies. I appreciate the information. I have checked out some of the places and will be making an appointment to see 3 of them when I go home to MA at the end of January.

I appreciate the recommendations :-)

Stay warm and safe! My mom tells me you all are supposed to get a snow storm this weekend in MA.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Rose123005Rose123005 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    highly recommend the four points in norwood. had great wedding experience with them.
  • wasabe123wasabe123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Girl,

I am planning for a wedding for April of 2011 too. We need to go venue shopping together! lol
  • jenvaletjenvalet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at Spring Valley CC in Sharon.  They were really easy to work with and definitely on top of things.  They took great care of me!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Christinas in Foxboro. They have a bunch of packages you can choose and they include a lot more then most. www.christinafunctions.com
    RSVP: AUGUST 18,2010 image 256 Are Invited image 191 Are ready to Party!
    image 65 Will be missing out image 0 Where Are you? We can't wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards