Michigan-Lansing

Venue ideas

I want a wedding for next October and I want to figure out a wedding venue ASAP. I have listened to suggestions and googled relentlessly but I feel like I keep getting the same few locations. I want an outdoor wedding with the option of going indoors and would love to have the ceremony and reception at the same site. I want something affordable and in the mid-Michigan/Lansing area. Does anyone have any suggestions? After a nail down the venue I feel like I relax a little. Until I nail down this major detail however, I am in a rut. Please help me fabulous Michigan brides!

Re: Venue ideas

• gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board.

Some venues you may want to consider:
    Walnut Hills Country Club
    Eagle Eye/ Hawk Hollow
    Grand Ledge Opera House
    MSU Horticultural Gardens (non football Saturdays only)
    English Inn
    Lakeview banquet Center

All of them can do indoor or outdoor weddings and receptions in one location.  I'm sure some of the other ladies will chime in if I've forgotten any.

Good luck and enjoy your planning.

• Joker1628Joker1628 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing our wedding ceremony at the MSU horitculture gardens (it's absolutely beautiful) and then having the ceremony at the Kellogg Center. The Kellogg Center has a back area where they do ceremonies that sort of overlooks the river (and can be moved inside if it rains) but I think the gardens are much prettier. 
    I wouldnt reccommend Hawk Hallow/ Eagle Eye golf course. I grew up in the Lansing area and have gone to PROM 3 different times there... don't want to connect wedding memories with Prom. I know they do weddings there, but all of the catering waitstaff are generally high schoolers and not sure how that would pan out. 
    There is a bridal show this coming sunday in Mt. Pleasant, they might have a lot of infrmation for you there! Those are always a good place to start.
    good luck!
  • wilso4jrwilso4jr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Timber Ridge Golf Course is also a good place to check out. It is absolutely beautiful and their prices are much more reasonable than Eagle Eye or Walnut Hills. They have an outdoor ceremony location and can move it inside if it rains.
  • gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Good point about Timber Ridge.  I'd forgotten about them in my list.
  • edited December 2011

Thank you so much for all your ideas!

• edited December 2011
    We're using Grand Ledge Opera House.  the nice thing is you get to bring in your own caterer...that saves a TON of money
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards