Hawaii
Options

Wedding invitations for wedding and planned activities?

We are six months away from our Maui wedding and we are getting ready to order the invitations. I am having trouble deciding what to include in the invitations. Obviously, we will have the invitation for the wedding and return card but I don't know what to do for the other events. Our schedule is:

Monday Evening: Welcome bbq for everyone (hosted) and bachelor/bachelorette party at local bars
Tuesday: Girls mani/pedi; rehearsal dinner for wedding party only (hosted)
Wednesday: Wedding day!
Thursday: Newlywed brunch (no host)

We have a wedding website as well. How much of this should we include in our "formal" invitations and how much on the website or invitations closer to the wedding i.e. separate rehearsal dinner invites? Did you include travel cards in the invitations?

We also are thinking of a snokeling trip which would be no host... We will be here snorkeling at this time and you are welcome to join us...

There is a lot to organize and keep straight. We are inviting 60 people but expect 30-40 to come so it's not going to be a huge thing but still a lot to think about!

Thanks for the advice!

Re: Wedding invitations for wedding and planned activities?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out my Bio, I did pocket-fold invites so that I could include a list of the activities, a map and the rsvp card too.  I'd include everything that you want guests to be there for....we added an event half-way through our planning and a lot of people arrive just hours too late to attend :(

BTW, the tip I was given (which has turned out to be so true--we're two weeks from the wedding and friends are just now looking at the website) is that you should provide EVERYTHING in writing (mail or email) as well as on the website.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did an extra insert with the activities and sent mass emails out to arrange bookings. We also had all the info up on our website too.
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's really your call on how much to include in the invitation.  

I preferred to keep things simple.  The invitation was for the wedding ceremony and reception, and inside we included a link to the website.  All other activities were listed on the website.  I also sent an email to our likely guests a few months beforehand letting them know about the welcome dinner the day before and the sunset sail the day after.  That worked for us, and everyone had all the info they needed.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I plan on sending invitations for the wedding.  When we figure out were we're staying and what we want to do with the guests, we'll send them an email outlining the activities. (but we're only having 10 people at the wedding so it's not a whole lot of people to organize)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Luvdogz4Luvdogz4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Girls! I appreciate your suggestions! Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving holiday. :-)
  • Options
    kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm including everything with the invitation.  I'm doing it to be like the old travel packages they use to get in the 50's and 60's with all the information about their trip and itinerary.  I collect vintage Hawaiian travel memorabilia and have a bunch of stuff from a couple's travels there during that time area.  I'm modeling a lot of what I am doing after that travel memorabilia.  Plus, it also goes with our old Hawaii theme.

I like the idea of having it all together.  That way guests have it all in one place and don't have to worry about where that put that one piece.  All information will be on the website, as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards