Retro and Vintage Weddings

Silly problem!

So today's the day that I'm adding and updating our playlist for the ceremony and reception. The problem is....I'm crying! Oh god, I'm such a softy! How am I going to get through it without crying all the time. Has this happened to anyone else? Or am I just a cry baby? The thought of walking down the aisle to a beautiful song that is so soft and romantic is filling me with so much joy that I can't hold it in! I'm also listening to songs that mean so much to me (and my FH too) that I feel I will be the bride with a hanky super glued to her hand. Maybe I can make myself more immune to the feelings the songs give me by listening to them more often? I'm going to try it. Seriously, I don't want to be red and blotchy or smear my make-up! 
Visit Gothic.weddings.com

Re: Silly problem!

• edited January 2010
    I can relate! I was working on our wedding ceremony last night, and I got so teary that I couldn't read the screen. I'm not normally a softy, so I surprised myself. I'm not pretty when I cry, so hopefully I can keep it semi-together for the real ceremony.
  • yeah i cried the whole time at my sisters wedding so i expect ill cry for most of mine (though im hoping ill be too excited to cry). ive heard airbrush makeup can withstand more crying so im hoping to splurge on that. i dont want to look horrible in the pics at my wedding like i did at my sisters (i was the moh. yikes).

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • awwww you guys are so cute!  I cry when I listen to our first dance song, so I know what you're going through.  I haven't yet figured out the ceremony music, but when I read the Bob Dylan reading I have planned, I cry then too! 

I think I'll definitely wear some waterproof makeup for just in case.  I was also thinking that on the actual wedding day I might have tunnel vision and just see my fiance at the end of the aisle--not hearing the music or noticing anyone else.  That might keep me from crying, and make me feel more like glowing.  :D

And Kellie--I bet your fiance thinks you look beautiful when you cry. 
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Maybe playing the music a lot between now and the wedding will help, I'm not sure.  I was making a list of reception music last week and started tearing up.   Does it help to know you're not alone?  Okay, probably not when you're worried about your makeup.  Sorry.

Hmm ... ask someone at the salon when you do your makeup run-through to make it tear proof.

Also, get lots of rest and hydration the week prior to your wedding (and on your wedding day) to make sure you feel and look your best.  I'm sure you'll be just fine.  Carry an extra hanky, too!  ;)

Good luck!
  • I'm sure I will cry, I always do when watching romantic movies,I cried when he purposed so I'm sure I will cry on our wedding day but as long as I don't end up with raccoon eyes then it's fine with me. :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lol idont normally cry a whole lot but i did tear up when making playliss for the recpetion and ceremony. im putting in alot of upbeat fun music tho so it wont all be slow and romantic.
    i didnt cry much when he proposed but i did when we picked out the ring.
    i hope i will be too excited to cry on the day of.....but i have cried at all the other weddings ive been to.
    def doing waterproof mascara. and i took off work the whole week before the wedding, so i can rest up and do lots of yoga, drink plenty of water and generally care for myself so i look and feel great the day  of.
    luckily, the bridesmaid dresses have pockets, so they can hold hankies for me :D
    --erin
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards